What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's "3dized" Super Mario 64

Im Bored

lol@censors
Pretty cool, but dont get reliant on modelling everything. I was at that stage once where you think everything needs to be modelled then rendered, just never forget your 2D practice either.

Look in to zBrush as well, for stuff like this.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Pretty cool, but dont get reliant on modelling everything. I was at that stage once where you think everything needs to be modelled then rendered, just never forget your 2D practice either.

What's zbrush?

Last edited:

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half

That's like using a concorde to go to McDonalds 2 blocks away. Zbrush is intended for extremely high resolution model creation. plus it's not a good tool to use early on sicne it uses a "2.5" interface that would prove usless when using another program.

I personallyy recommend XSI 4.2. It is awwesome for mesh creation. use milkshape (30 measily bucks) to vessel stuff in and out of it.

Terranigma

While the overall look's not that radically different from the original game, your new pre-rendered 3D sprites look AMAZING! The amount of shading detail really adds the extra 3D look to the Goomba's eye.

Im Bored

lol@censors
That's like using a concorde to go to McDonalds 2 blocks away. Zbrush is intended for extremely high resolution model creation. plus it's not a good tool to use early on sicne it uses a "2.5" interface that would prove usless when using another program.

I personallyy recommend XSI 4.2. It is awwesome for mesh creation. use milkshape (30 measily bucks) to vessel stuff in and out of it.

Id disagree that its overkill. Perhaps slightly (as you're never going to need some of its possible outputs on N64 games) but its practice building for more complex engines. Also, I wouldnt also say its only to be used for hi poly models.

But thats splitting hairs; maybe using it early on isnt as good an idea as Id thought, but it doesnt "prove useless" at all when using other programs. Working between 3DSmax and zBrush is easier than people make out, and if you get that down then Im sorry but I personally think that for prerendered models, it'd be (Read; I find it) quicker to use both programs in tandem.

Thats just my thoughts, and with my workflow it certainly is easier; I was just suggesting, like you did with XSI - personal opinions. Obviously people have different techniques; its the in-game results that matter.

And moving off this off topic discussion, I will further say that it does indeed still look good, how youve done it. I like that, for once, someones sticking to the style of the game and just making it look crisper and a bit more detailed. Are you going to do the whole game, or just use parts as practice building?

Last edited:

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
well what i meant by useless is if you look at each program individually: Knowing how to use Zbrush is only good for using zbrush. However, knowing how to use 3ds max early will make it much easier to mater maya, xsi, lightwave, etc because all of them share the same besic elements, while xbrush uses a totally different system. Learning it first will delay when you properly master other programs.

Datadayne

Can someone please explain to me how this is done. I thought 3d's max is used for modeling. I do have 3d's max 8, but I dont know how to do this. How does it work for textures?

Really nice work mollymutt.

OP
M

Mollymutt

I'd like to actually see a project through to completion. This one doesn't look to be as daunting as PM. I might be able to get through levels fairly quickly. Thanks for all of the feedback. When I finish Bob-om Battlefield, I'll upload the entire level.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
I'd like to actually see a project through to completion. This one doesn't look to be as daunting as PM. I might be able to get through levels fairly quickly. Thanks for all of the feedback. When I finish Bob-om Battlefield, I'll upload the entire level.

I guess that means you've stopped the PM project?

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
Can someone please explain to me how this is done. I thought 3d's max is used for modeling. I do have 3d's max 8, but I dont know how to do this. How does it work for textures?
lol, i think he makes the models,
takes a screenie opens it in photoshop and edits it slightly