What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super Mario 64 Castle Bleck

animalforest

Hey guys... I've been retexturing Peache's castle into Castle Bleck!:naughty:

Here is my progress so far.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
God that's hideous. Sorry, but the black and white layout just looks so bad for mario 64.

Also, Bleck's castle looked different than that. The Black is more predominant since the white lines are thinner. Similarly, there aren't that many lines, and those are mostly vertical with a couple of diagonal bends in it.

those tippi butterlifes look cool though.

OP
animalforest

animalforest

Yeah, this is my first project, and I didn't think it was the best either. I've still got alot of work to do, and one of the first will be to redo those ugly looking white lines.

OP
animalforest

animalforest

Actually, those aren't his trees OR his butterflies. I'm new to this, but I would never steal somebody's work! I respect Datadayne and Super Paper Mario 64, whch is pretty cool.

mudlord

Banned
Actually, those aren't his trees OR his butterflies.

Have you got proof to back up this claim? On first glance, they do seem to be based on Datadyne's designs from his pack. But I can, of course, be mistaken. :)

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Have you got proof to back up this claim? On first glance, they do seem to be based on Datadyne's designs from his pack. But I can, of course, be mistaken. :)

They aren't Datadyne's designs either. Remember that both designs came strait out of Super Paper Mario.

So wether he took them or not, the results would look the same either way unless one of them screwed up.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
They aren't Datadyne's designs either. Remember that both designs came strait out of Super Paper Mario.

So wether he took them or not, the results would look the same either way unless one of them screwed up.

ripping textures directly out of games then posting them is "redistribution of textures" and is illegal.
So they would have to make designs that look like it; but still they would look SIMILIAR not the SAME.

Okay, here is the proof:=]

View attachment 36950

yours just looks like you desaturated; but I don't care, it looks a little different then datadayne's.
Sorry for "persecating" you.
My apologies dude xD

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
animalforest

animalforest

Good point. The tree of mine is very similar, but not the same. Tippi is not from the game, but actually from a home made sprite that I clipped in half.

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Yes, which is what design referrs to. Saying he used their design means he is using a visual style similar to the material in question. How he got them has no influence over that comment.

Besides i don't think it's possible to rip textures from super paper mario yet, and even if it was, cropping the trees out of a screenshot would be much easier (and legal by technicality since it's not a rip).

OP
animalforest

animalforest

yours just looks like you desaturated; but I don't care, it looks a little different then datadayne's.
Sorry for "persecating" you.
My apologies dude xD

That's okay, I know that at first glance, they look the same. Now, lets move on! :party:

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Well, regardless, I think it's great that you're trying to contribute to the scene. Projects like these are always welcome. Thanks for doing something cool.