What's new

Which Emu would run best on my system?

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
Hello there. I'm sure you probably get tons of these sorts of requests, but vBulletin's search really sucks. So I'm just gonna add to the pile and ask which emu would be best to run the games I want, on my current system.

System Specs:
Processor: 900MHz AMD Duron
RAM: 128MB SDRAM
Main graphics card: SiS 6326 (8MB AGP) <-- this card really sucks.
3D card: 3Dfx Voodoo2 PCI (12MB)

I'd like to run Mario 64, Super Smash Brothers, Yoshi's Story, GoldenEye, Banjo-Kazooie, Pokémon Snap, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Pokémon Stadium.

I tried a few emulators out with Mario 64, and got the best results with UltraHLE, but it doesn't let you use a joypad :( Still, it gave me the best framerate, probably because it ran through Glide. But would one of the other emulators work better, considering my rather weedy graphics card?

Thanks in advance for your help, and feel free to flame me if you feel like it, as long as you point me in the right direction please ;)

-Quackat0r

Remote

Project 64 with Glide64, a zilmar spec graphic plugin using the Glide API which means you'll get great results on your Voodoo II. The Glide plugin is currently under development and the compatibility is increasing rapidly, download the latest version, 0.04, and enjoy. Search for Glide64 and you'll come up with many threads regarding this subject... But remeber the plugin doesn't allow any higher resolutions then 800*600 when using a Voodoo II card.

www.pj64.net
www.1964emu.com
www.emuxhaven.com/~glide64

OP
Quackat0r

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
Glide64 works like a charm, despite the occasional glitch (which is to be expected;))

And as another question, are there any other Glide plugins out there?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
no, but its really progressing. this guy came out of likenowhere. good stuff, its practically convinced me to buy a cheap voodoo card just to check it out.

OP
Quackat0r

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
Ahh... just thought I'd ask cos I'm desperate to play SSB at a decent framerate :D

I'm really impressed with Glide64 so far, and after checking up on the progress he's made with Zelda, I'm almost soiling myself from the anticipation of the next release:thumbsup:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Since you have a voodoo 2 pci 12 mb (like me)
You should also tryout UltraHLE, it doesn't has the highest compatibility but a serveral of games work perfect
mario64, zelda, mariokart