What's new

Newbies hell

SNES_IT

Ok this is for all the new people who have joined and are having to put up with bitchyness from the more experianced people, As i've been reading through i have noticed a few things people who have been using this forum for a long time dont take to new people very well when it comes to asking questions which have already come up, ok so there asking a question thats been done and finished with but not for them its new they may have only just started using a emu and need help, if they say they have looked for a thread with the same question and cant find it just tell them how to fix theres problems not use a comment like this,

"what the hell, why did this get posted here? feck you damned newbies!"

and this was used as a comment to a new person, and I know the person who wrote this knows who they are and im sure if others read this and look at most threads will know who it is.

And my self i know i have had a few sarky comments about my questions.

Ok i cant tell you to stop with your harsh comments to newbies but i can say my mind and tell you that its not making you look good as a forum treating new people in this way.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
u 'newbies' can easily avoid this 'treatment' by:

1) RTFM (reading the manual, therefore avoiding 'stupid questions')
2)dont ask for roms
3)dont ask when an emulator will come out
4) when asking questions, give specs and settings

if newbies follow these four simple guidelines, people here will treat u with respect and dignity.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
yea its true we are quite harsh to n00bs sometimes, but you have to understand, most newbies don't browse through the forums to see if a question has already been answered. Also its not like we can make every thread with an answer to some question a sticky. Also most dont even post their system specs, emulator they're using nore any of the plug-ins.

Plus if you wait long enough your question will usually get answered. The thing that people do that really piss me off is when theypost a question and the thread views goes up to like 15 and they post again anoyed that those 15 people couldn't answer their question.

the last thing I have to say is sometimes in life you have to take some abuse to play free games on your computer

OP
S

SNES_IT

I was pretty certain that there would be a reply within the a matter of mins and I was certain that the points made by PJ64er would be used, ok i read the manual and tried some of the things it said to try but then sometimes this dont workand u then come to a forum to see if there has been a post befor with the problem if not post read replys, oh god im being bitched at why, cause i couldnt find the thread with the question answer to my prob. so all you have to do is point us in the wright direction. ie give people a answer or tell them where to find the thread if u think u know that its been answered before thats all some common curtisy.

OP
S

SNES_IT

And have you tried to find anything with it, Ok a little while ago i posted about Supercross 2000 and a plugin prob you try and find a thread thats had this befor so im using PJ64 so im in the PJ64 forum i go to search and um what should i type "SUPERCROSS 2000, PLUGIN PROB, BLACK SCREEN" what would you type in to find a thread about a prob you know makes your screen go black uh dose any one have an answer for that. I doubt it.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
hey, i didnt say it was magical.

when u asked ur question (which i personally havent heard of or know the answer to), what kinda 'bad' treatment did u get? the quote u gave on your first post sounds like a response to a emu request. i know if u had a good question, u would get a good answer, or an idunno.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
yes, one could always be nicer, I'll get Martin to hire some of those peppy people with happy flowers and such things as such.

Mean while back in reality...

People are bitchy, not all people but most. :(

Remote

And is that nessecerily a bad thing? Wouldn't it be boring if everybody started to showe some manners, some respect and last but not least some gratitude...

Davemc

Dave
yes it would

i personally dont posess any of those qualityies and hope never to do so.

also did you see the way snes_it gave up when asked what his question was.

i'm a n00b but i hope i aint classed as one of those stoopid ones who everyone hates.

am i? :!!!:

ps. i love that smiley :!!!:

edit: fixed 700 or so typos

Last edited:

RadeonUser

I have to agree on most points here, some of the older emutalk members think they're the "big shit" and disrespect the newer members. I find this to be very wrong, what are we (moderators, Admins, people in special titles) have to gain but an outright discussion such as this when people are being asses. Newbies will always be there that ignore certain aspects of the rules, those are to be punished, yes (rom requests and such) but... for not using the search function, that is just plain stupid. What if this is they're first visit to a forum (somehow I doubt that) or if that's allowed on the other forums they visit? I just plain don't like this the way some mods think they have every right to put down the new guy. We're all here to help people out and to try to keep a neat, organized board, not to flame the new guy. Some of us could use some lessons in manners and try to keep the real world out of it. Tactfulness is slowly fading as I see it, which is truly sad. Such a blunt response such as "Newbies suck" is just plain not right...

So, er... Keep the peace and try to understand :)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
You know, in the space age we have all this great technology, my friends friend told me that a lot of programs and sites on the net include a search function, have you ever tried it? I hear its quite state of the art, you don't need to skim through lots of text when the computer does it for you. Pretty amazing wouldn't you say?

Just get your head out of your ass, it doesn't matter what forum, chat room, or whatever that you go to on the net, you will always get flamed for asking stupid questions which the readme/manual explains in great detail, or have already been answered hundreds of times.

Hell, if nobody flamed anybody, our forums would be full of a lot more bullshit that people have to sift through to find the answer they want. So look, now we end up helping the newbies don't we? Now they get to spend less time reading. Experienced people flame newbies, in turn we get less posts about the same question. See how it works?

Last edited:

RadeonUser

AlphaWolf said:
You know, in the space age we have all this great technology, my friends friend told me that a lot of programs and sites on the net include a search function, have you ever tried it? I hear its quite state of the art, you don't need to skim through lots of text when the computer does it for you. Pretty amazing wouldn't you say?

Just get your head out of your ass, it doesn't matter what forum, chat room, or whatever that you go to on the net, you will always get flamed for asking stupid questions which the readme/manual explains in great detail, or have already been answered hundreds of times.

Hell, if nobody flamed anybody, our forums would be full of a lot more bullshit that people have to sift through to find the answer they want. So look, now we end up helping the newbies don't we? Now they get to spend less time reading, experienced people flame newbies, in turn we get less posts about the same question. See how it works?

I know how the game works AlphaWolf, but... There are those few who do not understand still :/ Besides, flaming might end in something we might all regret, a bunch of head-aches :/

Come to think of it, we're screwed either way, lol. There's no point in trying to change things, "those" shall always be there, regardless.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
SNES_IT said:
And have you tried to find anything with it, Ok a little while ago i posted about Supercross 2000 and a plugin prob you try and find a thread thats had this befor so im using PJ64 so im in the PJ64 forum i go to search and um what should i type "SUPERCROSS 2000, PLUGIN PROB, BLACK SCREEN" what would you type in to find a thread about a prob you know makes your screen go black uh dose any one have an answer for that. I doubt it.

Well i searched for Supercross 2000 & it came up with that thread :)
Wasnt that hard really
Supercross 2000 problems

It was from this Search Result
Or do you mean you cant be bothered to read through it all ?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Geez, everything that can be done and what CAN'T be done are explained in the rules-thread. The only thing for the newbies is to find it.

It's at the damn top of the board dammit! How could they miss it!? Just read it and you don't have to break the rules! How hard could it be!?

This way, we wouldn't have this problem.

Slougi

We all hate noobs. N00bs always ask the same questions. N00bs are arrogant. N00bs are boring. This thread just proved it.

;)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
We were all newbies once....for some of us, about 7 years ago but nevertheless...once. I just consider it acceptable to flame those who don't pay attention to detail.