What's new

1964 0.7.1 released!

Tesla-Guy

1964 v0.7.1 is released! Run to http://www.1964emu.com quick!

New features:
- Fixed full-screen bug
- Fixed zipped roms bug
- Repaired Paper Mario FlashRAM save bug
- Various emulation bug fixes
- New ini by by DSF, NooTe, 3x3cUt0r, schibo, and Rice
- More speed- "Advanced Analysis" is a new Game Setting. All games should work with it on, with the exception of Conker. Conker requires it off. Read Advanced_Users.txt for additional info on this new compiler option.

P.S: sorry schibo, it's been 1 hour and you still haven't made a thread >:)
P.S2: Wow 101 posts. Didn't know i had that much :p

sk8bloke22

roll for life
1964 site wont update for me, so i guess ill hav to download it later. has compatability increased at all...

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well done guys. sound is so much better. tony hawks dont need to use REV2.2 any more and theres no like loading time after 'retying' as in pj64. and full screen works brilliant. waverace sound is better....so much in such a tiny release. plus ALL my roms finally show in the rom gui. ill update my list later this week, as now its much less complicated to use 1964. definitely the best n64 emu that has been publically released. me remembers the days before pj64, and even mario wasnt looking too good. ;)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Mario Tennis is not slow down by 1964, but by graphics plugin. Just wait for newer plugin.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
paper mario flickers again. dont think it was something i did, could be my mistake though. tried on both CF3 and then CF4. (last time CFs caused some flashing i think).

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Wow a new release that quick? Man I tried it too and I like it, good job Rice and Schibo. I like 1964 so much, i put it on my desktop and on my start menu. hehe. :cool:

crhylove

Banned
in love?

Just wanted to let you know... I've been extensively testing .7 for 2 days on a k6-III, and most games work fine, although some are a little slow (to be expected). I can't w8 4 the new jabo gfx plugin, i'm downloading the new patch and romz (that i already own of course) right now, so i'll let you know how the new one is working on this dinosaur ASAP.

:devil: :1964:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Cool

I'm actually anxious to hear how 0.7.1 performs on your AMD. I think AMD processors will benefit more from the Advanced Analysis option than Intel processors, although both benefit.

Last edited:

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Nice work. It fixed an annoying bug in Paper Mario about saving (when you did an in game save it would crash for me). Keep it up guys :1964:

Glurak

Wow cool the zip bug is fixed cooool :D :1964:

finally I can play my zipped roms without unzipping em before loading em :D coool :D and it also seems to be faster :) very nice work keep it up :)

crhylove

Banned
working REALLY well

Yeah, it's working REALLY well on this k6-3 now. it's taken me some time to figure out what cf's to use, but now MANY games are working well that have never displayed even slowly using other emus. there are still random strange errors, but for the most part all the romz i have are playbable (except hyper asteroids says i need some kind of rumble pak or repair or something).

In chameleon twist at the beginning the sunsoft logo is ok, but then what i'm guessing is supposed to be a white shadow or something is across the top just the f and t all stretched. pretty wild lookin.

the gpf's i was getting went away after a reboot... maybe this machine has some random problems i'm not aware of.

sometimes when i exit a game and go back into the menu (full screen the cursor is invisible.

is there a list somewhere of the best cf's for each rom?

cruisin' usa starts off center up and to the right. the sky stays black, all but for a small part in the middle. (and it runs slow... i understand it is a resource hog rom).

all in all though VERY impressive. i can't believe what u guys have got goin in these last 2 releases... ok, now i need to get my nose out of your collective ass.

rhy