What's new

using a .duc file for nogba

daksunt

very sorry, i know there was a thread asking for a save file converter. sethmcdoogle has given a site which is http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php but i don't know how to use it. yes i tried many of them i mean converted duc into dsflash dsextreme but didnt got a result. what can i do to use this save file?

spotanjo3

Source Format as .DUC -- leave it alone

Try Find each .sav on the target format until you find the correct one. :)

OP
D

daksunt

well the save file is from gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/save/925601.html and i tried everything in the converter and put into battery but none of them seemed to work. yes i changed the name as my games save name but whats the problem. i am really curious about using save game so what should i do? can someone tell me the basic steps, step by step? i would really appriciate

OP
D

daksunt

thnx alot but it didnt work i mean the program worked but the save didnt, is there anyway that the save file is fake?

snooper

nintendo fan
Could be... but did you use the overwrite method I told you. You know first get a save and then overwrite and also what regio is the game from. If it's US you need a US save if its EU you need a EU save.
edit:
Just checked no$gba and I don't think pokemon daimond or pearl can save because they need flash 4m to save and that option isn't selectable. But if you can save and load with fram 32 kb you can also use the save so try to save with fram 32 kb and if that doesn't work you can't save.

Last edited:

smcd

no$gba puts a "header" on save files, you'll need to add this to the converted save file...

OP
D

daksunt

whats header? how can i add it? thnx snooper for the program it works great and thnx for the help aswell. i think they are both north america versions. thanks too seth alot if u can help me with header thing i would be really ecstatic.

snooper

nintendo fan
I have tested the rom and I hate to say it but you cannot save... just wait for a next version of no$gba.

smcd

I just tried it myself and could not successfully convert and use a save. As mentioned elsewhere, you need to use an IPS patch to allow the no$gba emulator to save progress (well actually to load progress as it hangs) Maybe you can request for someone here who uses no$gba to upload a save file for you?

About the header - open a .sav file from no$gba with a hex editor and you'll see there are 76 bytes at the beginning of the file. That is the no$gba header information...