What's new

Need help with Mario 64

zafeniak

Hi,

I have the project 64 emulator and just started playing mario 64 and i have 2 problems,

1. every few minutes i get an error message saying "while processing graphics data an exception occured you may need to restart the emulator" (i have retastarted in many times and keep getting this error.

2. I can't save my game ( i press save (F5) however when i go back to resume my game it has not been saved)

Please help...I have no clue about this kind of stuff...i just want to play mario :(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You wouldn't happen to have an integrated video chip made by Intel, would you? In other words, there's a good chance that your video card does not meet the minimum requirements.

Switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin and see if that helps.

Coredo

Nolife
And for the second question, when you use F5 it creates a quicksave in the slot you've selected, which can be accessed again by F7 button when you want to continue. I highly recommend using native saves, though, as quicksaving has a tendency to ruin your save files.

MarkC

1. every few minutes i get an error message saying "while processing graphics data an exception occured you may need to restart the emulator" (i have retastarted in many times and keep getting this error.(

That happens to me all the time unless I run in fullscreen mode.
Try running in fullscreen mode. I start the game, then immediately pause, then fullscreen, then unpause.

ranguvar

Use the older version of Jabo (1.5.2) For some reason that works better, although my SM64 works perfectly on the newer version. ?