http://desmume.org

Low Lines

not a lot of shash's work by the looks of it :(

and that drop-down menu bug is still there :p

Last edited:

Low Lines

Sweet!
Faster speed and sound.
Just add shash's 3D and its a lot better!
I don't think it means like speed up in emulation, I think it's more how the 2D is emualted, speed might not change but it might not take as much pc power to process :p?

Besides on my pc there's nothing to call "major" so I'm thinking it's something along the lines of what I said before. Either way :p a new update is always a good thing :p just wish that drop-down menu bug was fixed...

Emu Asian

Yeah, your probably right.
Still, it's good to see some improvements :bouncy:
Maybe shash will improve the 3D and 2D and help bring up speed. Might have to wait a while though

synch

Some 2D games had a speed boost of over 40%, so it's quite massive optimization. Yoshi's Island for example, got that much speed up.

synch

Games that aren't limited by emulating the DS CPU will have a huge speed up, other will have minor speed ups, as the 2D engine is way faster now.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
So by the looks of it, the desmume team are working on getting the 2d bit perfect first before adding your 3d stuff to it?

synch

I'm part of the desmume team from almost the beginning (of it being in sourceforge, I mean), so it's not like we're different teams. Simply, I didn't care to commit my latest 3D core, for several reason that I'll keep to myself. For example, I coded the rotated/scaled sprites in desmume, it's 3D core is mine, the 2D speed up is also mine, and some many more tiny fixes. I just don't work on GUI related stuff, as I don't care much about that, so that's the only exception.

Thinking it's two different teams is a common mistake which is far from real.

Last edited:

Sercio

Nice release... its weird that 3d games still work slow but im not gonna critize that ;-)
Will be someday a 64bit version dual core etc build released of this emulator?

Low Lines

I'm part of the desmume team from almost the beginning (of it being in sourceforge, I mean), so it's not like we're different teams. Simply, I didn't care to commit my latest 3D core, for several reason that I'll keep to myself. For example, I coded the rotated/scaled sprites in desmume, it's 3D core is mine, the 2D speed up is also mine, and some many more tiny fixes. I just don't work on GUI related stuff, as I don't care much about that, so that's the only exception.

Thinking it's two different teams is a common mistake which is far from real.
It might be because you have your own separate blog Synch lol

synch

Well, I've stated in my blog, more than once, that I worked on the official CVS code branch, so it's not like it's a secret.

Low Lines

Well, I've stated in my blog, more than once, that I worked on the official CVS code branch, so it's not like it's a secret.
Nobody ever said it was :p

Let's put it like this, I mean this is just me, but I would assume many non coders would be like that, but "CVS code branch", to me is like having a female talk to me about all the different types of perfumes, I don't have the background knowledge nor word familiarity to really understand what things mean :p

I remember you saying that but I think I took it as the CVS being the object or "source code" in this case, and I was under the understanding that DeSmuME has like an open CVS or something where people can post code and/or fixes they can make to the code (as I did have a brief look into it) so yeah, lol

Sorry though Synch :flowers:, I know the feeling, it's sorta annoying when you are something and yet people don't really know it, even though technically the facts have been there for everyone to see...It happens a lot to me at school...