What's new

Newbies: Rom Requesting Hassle

Josep

eyerun4phun
Maybe this has not been a prob lately, BUT in all the n64 emu places, the stickies should just have in CAPS: DO NOT REQUEST ROMS, saving newbies that one step, that most of them obviously do not take, and yadda yadda yadda, wouldn't that be a bit better? i dunno, just a SUGGESTION;)

Martin

Administrator
We have made the registration process very clear, any anyone who has recently registered (well, I changed it a least 45 days ago) knows that rom requests means IP bans. Log out and re-register and you'll see for yourself.

A person who still files a rom request is an idiot and doesn't belong at EmuTalk.

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, oh, ok, i haven't registered in freak'n forever, didn't see that when i did, but oo well that was a long a$$ time ago;)

2fast4u

martin, u need to present a post by cpumaster to everyone who registers, thatll teach them in advance :happy: (might scare some ppl away on the other hand)

Slougi

martin, u need to present a post by cpumaster to everyone who registers, thatll teach them in advance (might scare some ppl away on the other hand)
Rofl. I think the traffic would decrease by around 80% :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Martin, I think you'll need to prevent posting in caps. In iB, I know there's a function like that, perhaps there is one in this as well?
Then we wouldn't have to worry 'bout cpu's talkin' in caps when he's pissed of all the time. Which he seems to be very often actually. Especially if you goto irc and see 'im.

rob in london

amiga nut
i dont disagree with your no rom request policy, but i know emulation 64 used to support the finding of roms on the internet by linking to sites with them. what exactly made you change your opinions on this so much? was it somthing in particular?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Doomulation said:
Martin, I think you'll need to prevent posting in caps. In iB, I know there's a function like that, perhaps there is one in this as well?
Then we wouldn't have to worry 'bout cpu's talkin' in caps when he's pissed of all the time. Which he seems to be very often actually. Especially if you goto irc and see 'im.

:eek: No Doom, NO
I Wouldnt Be Able To Make A Post Then Without My Fist Upper Casing Letter Of Each Word :D

Martin

Administrator
rob_in _london said:
i dont disagree with your no rom request policy, but i know emulation 64 used to support the finding of roms on the internet by linking to sites with them. what exactly made you change your opinions on this so much? was it somthing in particular?

That was more of a stupid one week experiment than a rom policy. Noone agreed to it, really. :). One can either allow rom requests or forbid them. There's nothing in between. We chose not to. Also, our server host wouldn't allow it even if wanted to.

Ketil

nah just get a dialogue that pops up when they hit the register button ,just to make it clearer?

dashkal

antraxx said:
nah just get a dialogue that pops up when they hit the register button ,just to make it clearer?

Gah! Popups!

Though making it bolder on the registration page couln't hurt too much.

Then again, I miss everything and even I got that warning.