PDA

View Full Version : Newbies: Rom Requesting Hassle



Josep
April 9th, 2002, 03:29
Maybe this has not been a prob lately, BUT in all the n64 emu places, the stickies should just have in CAPS: DO NOT REQUEST ROMS, saving newbies that one step, that most of them obviously do not take, and yadda yadda yadda, wouldn't that be a bit better? i dunno, just a SUGGESTION;)

Davemc
April 9th, 2002, 03:42
am i a newbie?

Martin
April 9th, 2002, 03:43
We have made the registration process very clear, any anyone who has recently registered (well, I changed it a least 45 days ago) knows that rom requests means IP bans. Log out and re-register and you'll see for yourself.

A person who still files a rom request is an idiot and doesn't belong at EmuTalk.

Jaz
April 9th, 2002, 04:54
Yeah! Go team! ;)

On a serious note, yes, ROM requesters are arses.. :P

Josep
April 9th, 2002, 06:29
hehe, oh, ok, i haven't registered in freak'n forever, didn't see that when i did, but oo well that was a long a$$ time ago;)

CpU MasteR
April 9th, 2002, 07:36
DONT ****ING GET ME STARTED ON ****ING ROMS REQUESTS!!!!

2fast4u
April 9th, 2002, 08:03
martin, u need to present a post by cpumaster to everyone who registers, thatll teach them in advance :happy: (might scare some ppl away on the other hand)

Slougi
April 9th, 2002, 13:48
martin, u need to present a post by cpumaster to everyone who registers, thatll teach them in advance (might scare some ppl away on the other hand)

Rofl. I think the traffic would decrease by around 80% :P

Macca
April 9th, 2002, 14:13
ROMS???? where? :P

dave_luther
April 9th, 2002, 14:53
inside the game cartridge :P

Doomulation
April 9th, 2002, 16:53
Martin, I think you'll need to prevent posting in caps. In iB, I know there's a function like that, perhaps there is one in this as well?
Then we wouldn't have to worry 'bout cpu's talkin' in caps when he's ****** of all the time. Which he seems to be very often actually. Especially if you goto irc and see 'im.

dave_luther
April 9th, 2002, 17:11
takin it too far

blizz
April 10th, 2002, 06:05
Originally posted by CpU MasteR
DONT ****ING GET ME STARTED ON ****ING ROMS REQUESTS!!!!

I'm detecting some anger issues here ;)

Jaz
April 10th, 2002, 06:13
I think he wants to say something.. ;)

rob in london
April 12th, 2002, 18:23
i dont disagree with your no rom request policy, but i know emulation 64 used to support the finding of roms on the internet by linking to sites with them. what exactly made you change your opinions on this so much? was it somthing in particular?

Raging Fuel
April 12th, 2002, 18:57
A little niggly thing called the law. Basically we don't want to get shut down.

Gent
April 12th, 2002, 19:30
Originally posted by Doomulation
Martin, I think you'll need to prevent posting in caps. In iB, I know there's a function like that, perhaps there is one in this as well?
Then we wouldn't have to worry 'bout cpu's talkin' in caps when he's ****** of all the time. Which he seems to be very often actually. Especially if you goto irc and see 'im.

:o No Doom, NO
I Wouldnt Be Able To Make A Post Then Without My Fist Upper Casing Letter Of Each Word :D

Martin
April 12th, 2002, 20:13
Originally posted by rob_in _london
i dont disagree with your no rom request policy, but i know emulation 64 used to support the finding of roms on the internet by linking to sites with them. what exactly made you change your opinions on this so much? was it somthing in particular?

That was more of a stupid one week experiment than a rom policy. Noone agreed to it, really. :). One can either allow rom requests or forbid them. There's nothing in between. We chose not to. Also, our server host wouldn't allow it even if wanted to.

Ketil
April 20th, 2002, 21:28
nah just get a dialogue that pops up when they hit the register button ,just to make it clearer?

dashkal
May 8th, 2002, 01:22
Originally posted by antraxx
nah just get a dialogue that pops up when they hit the register button ,just to make it clearer?

Gah! Popups!

Though making it bolder on the registration page couln't hurt too much.

Then again, I miss everything and even I got that warning.