What's new

sms on ps2 - woohoo

sk8bloke22

roll for life
look at emulation64.com for the news. soo we'll be playing saturns on the ps2 - hahaha, pretty unlikely, but that would be hella cool.

anyway, back to the mastersystem emu, anyone got it to work, it just spun for like 10 mins in my ps2 after loading it with my action replay2 disk....

Dammenion

Yeah, it works very good. I was playing Alex Kidd yesterday.

The emu itself is sweet. Settting up the image before burning takes a few steps but it's worth it

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
help me then, hehe, the cd info thingy bob was crappy to follow...

ok when i use the file.txt gui utility thing, i hav to choose a destination and a source...presumably the source is my roms folder, and the destination is the PSMSemu folder... but the file.txt created a new rom folder called ROMS0, when i already had a ROMS folder. so when i burned the cd, i put in the files the cdinfo said to, plus the ROMS0 folder and not the ROMS folder, if u get me. i think thats where i went wrong...any ideas?

Dammenion

Yeah it's a pain to get up at first. You can make any folder the Destination. I had my folder set up like this

D:\Roms <--Source Roms
D:\Rom <--Destination Rom Folder (Empty to start)
D:\PSMS <--Emu Files PSMS_12.ELF, FILES.TXT, SJPCM.IRX, SYSTEM.CNF

The PSMS Files.txt utility copies and renames the Roms in D:\Roms to D:\Rom into folder ROM0, Rom1, etc..

The reason for this is because the Roms have to be in old 8.3 format and can only have 30 files per folder. You can have as many folders as you want though. I have 12 on my CD.

After running the PSMS Files.txt GUI I saved the Files.txt to D:\PSMS and then Moved all the Folders in D:\Rom that the Files.txt GUI created to D:\PSMS also.

That will get your files set up in the right place.

Now it's just creating the ISO and burning the image.

That made seem over explained compared to your problem, but I just wanted to made it easier in case someone else had a problem

Dammenion

I couldn't help you with that. I have a modded PS2 so I've never had to worry about it.

Sorry

P.S. You could do do a search for Swap Trick on google or something

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
mesman00 said:
how can i load the emu without actually having a mod chip?

u need to buy a gameshark2/action replay 2 and then do the knife/card (not as dodgy as it sounds) trick to play cdrs. it works a charm on cdrs, and it doesnt break the warranty, unlike a modchip. plus u hav to be a complete spastic to break anything inside the ps2.

try www.ps2ownz.com and/or http://cousinfizz.4mg.com/

for info and diagrams. very easy, although i still cant go sms to boot. oh well ill try later..

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
u can actually also use dvd region x which is much cheaper, but only plays cdr backups. but then again, unless u hav a dvd copier, u aint gonna be backing up many dvds. plus for sms, u will only need a cdr so i would go for dvd region x. go www.lik-sang.com for some price info, these products can be found in like any high street shop. they shouldnt be hard to come by.