What's new

No$gba v2.4b is out!

Dalthon

• ereader/demo's: uploaded ereader.zip (with magicflr, rotris, camera, bombswp)
  • nds/sound: bugfix: fixed snd crash on mul1.5 speed (thanks Giuseppe Marletta)
  • bios-clone: bugfix: gba/nds intrwait set IME=1 (eg. japanese/original ereader)
  • ereader/a22i: vpk compression, good tree values, auto-method1/0 for gba/nes
  • ereader/emu: automatically loads next strip, automatically extracts red-layer
  • ereader/emu: supports homebrew 300dpi .bmp's and scanned 1200dpi .jpg's
  • ereader/emu: emulates ereader hardware (requires ereader bios/bmp/jpg files)
  • ereader/a22i: new .ereader and .title directive, handles .import'ed .nes roms
  • ereader/help: added verify/create error correction (thanks Simon Rockliff)
  • ereader/help: added dotcode, data, program, vpk chapters (thanks Damien Good)
  • ereader/help: rev'ed PGA I/O ports, camera SIO ports, address bar encryption
  • debug: shows "BiosSwi/IrqHandler" labels also for ARM9 (with offset FFFF0000h)
  • bios/help: corrected bios-swi huffman description and added an example to it
  • bios: improved bios-swi huffman decoder (straighter, smaller, and faster)
  • xed: fixed occasional crashes on ctrl,k+n (missing reform in toggle_blocktype)
  • wifi: emulates microsecond counter read/change/start/stop
  • wifi: emulates data transfer from local txbuf to rxbuf of remote console(s)
  • wifi/help: added chapters on the various ieee802.11b frame (=packet) formats
  • wifi/help: added notes on multiboot beacons (and multicart/pictochat beacons)
  • wifi/help: added notes on transfer completion flags in txbuf_loc registers
  • wifi/help: added new values in hardware headers chapter, added unknown chapter
  • wifi/help: added a lot of new bits and registers in transmit control chapter
  • wifi/help: marked all "unused" registers as w_internal (=not used by firmware)
  • wifi: emulates ie/if registers, emulates pending powerforce with powerack
  • wifi/debug: displays wifi registers (and current channel) in I/O map window
  • wifi/help: added chapters on ieee802.11 frames, renamed rxbuf/txbuf registers
  • wifi: fixed rf write, emulates powerforce=8001h (over the hedge)
http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

Clements

The hack for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl appears to no longer be needed with this version.

Clements

The hack that prevented the game from freezing when loading a save (presumably due to unemulated Wi-Fi functions).

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Ahh. It work, huh ? I do not care about it but thanks for letting me know so I can let pokemon fans knows about it! :D

suronosuke

Final Fantasy 3: runs faster for me played a little seems to work.

Mario&Luigi Partners in Time: run well, look good but has transparency issues

Animal Crossing Wild World: show up the Nintendo, ESRB Rating then just black screen with muffled music for me.

Jump ultimate Stars: intro starts, top screen is black,playable. transparency issues

Pokemon Pearl: music sounds a bit off, i got upto, are you a boy or a girl? tried every single button would not let me progress i gave up.

Yoshi`s island DS: best running ds game so far for me but still the same problem at stage 1-3

Harvest Moon DS: fully playable, lags a little when too much stuff are on screen, also incorporates the excellent glitches found on the real nds game :p

Izuna LotUN: did not play much, seems similar to previous version so its playable

Trace Memory: playable, slow.

New Super Mario Bros: runs much faster but still has transparency problems, playable.

Super Princess Peach: been playing this for a while know runs well, bit laggish here and there but playable.

Last edited:

Treeki

Anyone know how to use the Wifi? If I run more than one DS/GBA in the same no$gba, only one works, the second is a white screen. If I run two No$GBA programs, they do not recognise each other.

spotanjo3

Its not fully wifi fuction. It is addition and alots of improvement so you will have to wait until it is in fully wifi fuction.

spotanjo3

2.4b is the same as 2.4a expect wifi, sound, and speed is improvement in it that's all. Nothing's improvement like graphics, not yet.

ZurA

hmm... I keep getting black screen when I try load saved game in pokemon pearl. I tried that ips patch but it didn't work. It works in ver 2.4a but not in 2.4b, any ideas?

Nanis

Try without the patch now
I had the RAR of the ROM and the patched ROM,I had a black screen with the patched ROM so I deleted it
The non-patched ROM worked fine

spotanjo3

Originally Posted by Matis View Post
[...]as Martin himself said, even though the emu can now send and receive packets, games do not link at all, no matter what you try.

Anyway, you need to download the game again because you PATCHED your game like someone else. you dont have to erase your game save as long as you have the same game file that was used before. Yes, clean unpatch rom. :)