What's new

Perfect Dark IR scanner

Van Halen Man

I am using the default plugin Jabo d3d 8 somethin' and the IR scanner dosnt work. it is clossest to workin with this pluggin and isnt even close with any of the other ones I have tried. Some help here would be greatly appreciated.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can't fix it. Use Glide64 or wait until Project64 1.7 is released to the public.

Legend

Have you tried the latest Glide64 and wrapper found in my sig.? Most of the FB effects are more accurate with Glide64 (ex. enemies are not illuminated when using the Night vision goggles with Jabo's).

Last edited:
OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Well i downloaded it and extraced it but when I go to settings to select it, it says that it couldnt load glide64.dll or glide3x.dll. Now I know what your thinking, he just needs to put glide3x in the right folder, but it is already in the folder of the emulator and glide64 files are in the plugin folder, so what should I do about this?

Clements

Download OpenGL Extensions Viewer from here:

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html

Install it, run it, and post the output of the first tab like so:

attachment.php

This should help diagnose your issue.

OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok here it is, I didnt know exactly what to do for the picture, so I just printed the screen and edited it with paint so that only that window was there.

Clements

That's fine. It shows us that your graphics card supports OpenGL all the way up to v2.0 and should therefore work fine with the wrapper. You may want to update your graphics drivers to 94.24, as you are using 91.48 at the moment.

mudlord

Banned
Ok, how do I do that?
And what exactly will that do for me?

Well, basically, it will let you run the plugin with the wrapper, how its intended to run with the wrapper (of course, with a proper Voodoo 5, you can get much better results)

LuckyDearly

hey just dropping in

I tried to boot up Perfect Dark using the Glide plugin and wrapper but either one of two things happen

one: The game boots but it doesn't show the opening video of Joanna typing

two: same as above except you can hear Joanna typing meaning the game is booting normally but the screen is blacked out unless it's moved

I use a GeForce FX 5500 with the drivers updated
Win XP
eMachines 3080
2.16 Ghz
1.00 GB of RAM

and my emulator is Project64 1.6

zaffle

Download OpenGL Extensions Viewer from here:

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html

Install it, run it, and post the output of the first tab like so:

attachment.php

This should help diagnose your issue.
okay, so i'm a bit of a nublet around here, despite joining up a fair while ago (my pc died for a bit and i started uni, generally meaning no fun timez on the 64. that was until my flatmate bought a Wii and i got sucked back into Mario and Mariokart.)

anyway, i was playing Perfect Dark earlier using Jabo's video plugin, and the Camspy wasn't working. Reading this thread i'd thought i'd check out the Glide64 plugin. While it works (in general, i don't know about the camspy, i gave up after getting out of the lift on the second level) i only get 2FPS.

can someone point me in the right direction somewhere on this forum where i could get help? this just seemed like the most relevant at the time... :)

ps. i did one of these things:

zaffle

Enable hardware framebuffer emulation in the plugin config for Glide64.
ok, did that, and all the prescripted stuff like the intro and cutscenes run fine, but as soon as it cuts to in-game, the framerates are still only 3-5 a second. this is puzzling.

mudlord

Banned
ok, did that, and all the prescripted stuff like the intro and cutscenes run fine, but as soon as it cuts to in-game, the framerates are still only 3-5 a second. this is puzzling.

thats indeed a puzzlement. I very recently upgraded my card to a Radeon X1650 from a NVIDIA 6600GT, so I'll check this issue out. Just one thing, do you have high resolution enabled in the game options (of the game itself)?

zaffle

well, i didn't have hires enabled, so i turned it on. and it worked perfectly! until this happened when i tried to use the camspy... (note the frame rate as well.)

in all honesty, i think i'm going to give up with this for now.

mudlord

Banned
in all honesty, i think i'm going to give up with this for now.

I looked into this problem and I came to a solution:
If you are using a ATI card AND using hacktarux's/mine/ziggy's RC4 wrapper, enable "Use Framebuffer Objects"

This fixed the issues in PD for moi. Also, use 1964 with this plugin. It works wonders for the campspy/IR scanner rendering speed.