What's new

PJ64 not working

ghettoman

when I go to play games on PJ64 it says cannot open a rom because plugins have not successfully initialised can you's help

mudlord

Banned
Also, what version are you using?

That issue seems to be possibly related to a issue with 1.7 and its copy protection...:evil: ..If the executable has been tampered with, using a loader (not fully reversed), that error message WILL pop up, rendering the hacked beta 100% unusable. Its extremely rare that it occurs on legit 1.7 builds that you donated for.....and not given to anyone else.

Other than that, with 1.6, the error shouldnt occur at all.
Again, system specifications will be nice.

mudlord

Banned
same error for me aswell, just wish it would work:angry:

LOL, the PJ64 board is NOT a place to complain when a dumb-ass cracker screws up. If this was in "The Scene", it would be nuked long ago...:evil:

The reason I say that, is because the ONLY time I seen this error occur was with a improper "fix" for a leaked beta. Normally, the video plugin would yield a Direct3D related error (or the emulator would crash with a illegal operation), but since it doesnt occur, I think this due to the stupidity of one cracker, who clearly, doesn't know how to crack.

Iconoclast

There are several causes for this issue, besides the whole 1.7 paranoia thing.

Just click Start at the bottom-left, GhettoMan. Then right-click "My Computer" and choose Properties. Post a screenshot of the information returned, please.

d3dERR

Me 2

Hi
I am encountering the same issues - d3dERR_notavailable

System - P4 1.8, 512MB, 64MB Graphics....Dodgy XP Pro

PJ64 and all games worked previously and it only stopped working recently...I have tried changing screen resolution and Colour. did not fix it.

Anyone else have ideas?

Thanks