What's new

My Site

SNES_IT

Ok im working very hard on my new site its called EMU64LATION and its going to host up to date plugins and emu's for are fav N64 console there is a forum which is working and up already but no people on it yet as i only just uploaded it a links page to some of the best emu sites around not just for n64, and as always a news front where you can get the news on all the emus around and new stuff coming out.

http://emu64lation.freewebspace.com/

PLEASE THIS SITE IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION !!!!

NOTHING WORKS YET EXCEPT THE FORUM

Remote

I' m not going to discourage you but I have a few things that I would like to point out...

(1.) I'm guessing the ad / banner part is required by the host, and there for you should incoporate it into the design.

(2.) Add correct alt names for the images, i.e downloads instead of image of x.gif.

(3.) Open up the images in Photoshop or similar and make them transparent, i.e remove the white parts, because it doesn't blend with the current background.

(4.) Center the content, since the ad / banner part is centered it becomes a guideline for the entire page.

(5.) Not sure if this suggestion is feasible, add a a name tag over the logo and make a redirect on load, this will make the page scroll down a bit hiding the ad / banner part.

B

Blade64

It si a good effort and I hope to see it grow to high levels!!!

OP
S

SNES_IT

Thanks for the pointers, I shall take it as good advice as this is my first site ever and im writing the html and using Splash for the java stuff. I will manage to make it nice one day.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Btw, snes_it, i've got a great solution for your little site ;)
To remove the banners, all you need is a little knowledge and a good background.

You can use the background on a div-tag, which all HTML is in, and set it's coordinates to the top of the page (0,0). To explain what I mean, I'll paste an example:

<html>
<div id='bah' style="background-image: ; width: 100%; height: 100%; positi...der your background. Isn't it a smart method?

flow``

flow``
heh.. i can't do anything about it, but surely you can come up with something else then "emu64lation".. sort of sounds like emulation64 :p

surely you can come up with something a little more original.

personally, between emulation64.com, emulation64.net, e64.wwemu.com, and emunin64.emuhelp.com, i think we have the hosting files thing down..

personally, i see no need for another n64 emulation site unless it's someone's own project dealing with n64 emulation (like an ini site or something, or support site)

Remote

The site was only up for a short time before he removed it, perhaps we'll upload a new version after rethinking and redoing the design and purpose of the page...

Remote

Well, I don't know the guy but it seems like a logical approach for him to make, (a) do preliminary design, (b) feedback, (c) apply feedback and (d) more feedback...

OP
S

SNES_IT

Yep your right its down and back in the re-write stages, all the comments from here have told me its not the best idea in the world but im still gonna give it a go as i want to get into web development at some point and get outta my rubbish job as an IT support/Help desk guy as all i get is "Oh i've locked my self out of my pc can you reset it please" and i say "yes just give me 5mins and then try it again" arghhhhhhhhhhhhh f*** it. Well thats life aint it.

Remote

If you are serious about getting in to web development, start with the basics, then move over to the more advanced things. Learn to crawl before you walk... Writing a tutorial on the subject, in this case web developemnt, is a method that has proven itself for me many times. Start with the absolute minimun of graphics and such, i.e Splash and Flash, since it will only add an overhead in complexity and time.

http://www.w3school.org/

Last edited: