What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

SonicSquarepant's Conker's Bad Fur Day Retextures

SonicSquarepant

Don't give me a hard time, but I finally learned how to make retextures, I think they're pretty good, alot of textures of the textures I ripped aren't done, but I can give you a peak at an idea what it'll look like.

CONKERBFD-0.jpg

notice Gregg's Scythe has blood and gore on it, and on Gregg's left side of his face, I added cracks and rotten teeth.

CONKERBFD-1.jpg

Notice the Nasty sign is nasty.

CONKERBFD-2.jpg

Notice the red mountain's texture behind Conker.

CONKERBFD-3.jpg

Notice Conker's cheeks and the texture of his gloves.

CONKERBFD-5.jpg

The teddy looks more fabric like.

Hope you like it and will like it when I post it when finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

Datadayne

Pretty good start. The textures look really low res. I used to have low res textures like you untill I learned how to make them higher. Scale the size x4 and resolution.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
yeah just give it 4x resolution, don't mess with demensions, just resolution, but a good start for your first pack.

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
Pretty good start. The textures look really low res. I used to have low res textures like you untill I learned how to make them higher. Scale the size x4 and resolution.

Can you bump the resolution up in GIMP? Or do you have to use PhotoShop CS2? Either way, can you give me a quick run through on how to do that, Datadayne?

macphisto

It's not that the textures look low res, its the fact that there is no anisotropic filtering on the textures. They look blocky like PSX textures. Scale and rework .bmp textures only.

OP
S

SonicSquarepant

how do I give textures anisotropic filtering?

How do I use Anisotropic ( whatever it's called ) filtering?

Here is how it's looking now.

CONKERBFD-7.jpg

Look at the grey squirrles

CONKERBFD-8.jpg

Birdy's Eyes ( Creepy )) and the texture of his face.

CONKERBFD-9.jpg

the grass and pathway

Another update

CONKERBFD-11.jpg

the queen bee is different textured

CONKERBFD-12.jpg

Marvin is brighter colored

CONKERBFD-14.jpg

the cheeze's texture and eyes ( how cute, lol )

Last edited by a moderator:

Datadayne

I actually like it. But the textures are still low res. Making them higher will make them look even better. And there are some tilling issues in some on the ground.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
the grass and tile have very bad tiling issues, it sticks out way to much. I don't really like it though, there's no style to it, it's just random textures, you should do it in order and with a certain artistic style, but it's not bad for a new person's textures.