What's new

Video issue with Conker's Bad Fur Day

ReDGuNNeR

Hello, I have been reading the forums for some time now but I've now registered to ask a question about a problem that happens to me in BFD (and sometimes other games). Right outside of the "actual" video area a line of differently colored squares appears in the upper area of the screen (both fullscreen and windowed modes). I have tried turning AA and AF on and off, toggling different options, etc. Anyone know what's causing this (I have included a screencap)

System Specs:
AMD64 4200+
8800 GTS 320MB
1 GB RAM
WinXP

Legend

I have seen this before but I forgot what causes it or if it can or has been fixed. Try messing around with the emulated height and width in Jabo's options. Or you can use the plugin in my sig. to get great (better) emulation of this game (soon to be perfect in next release of plugin-stay tuned).

OP
R

ReDGuNNeR

Is that the newest version? In the Glide64 forums I am reading about "Wonder ++".. or is that a different type of plugin. Either way, I will test this out, thank you very much for your help.

EDIT: Ugh that plugin is so slow and sluggish on my system.. I have no idea why. If anyone knows how to solve the problem with Jabo's plugin I'd be extremely grateful.

Last edited:

Legend

It's the newest Glide64 and wrapper. Post your computer specs. I take it the emualted height change did'nt do anything? Glide64 should run fine unless you have pretty old hardware or you have using some wrong setting in Glide64 or you using a filter or too high of resolution. Jabos does work better for older systems.

Legend

Actually, I'm the one that posted about this years ago. Funny, I forgot about that. It appears there's no real solution unless someone's found something out since then. So I would suggest you spend a little time with Glide64 to see if you can get it to work for you and then if not live with Jabo's. I believe the colors get smaller the higher the resolution. It might be fixed in Jabo's 1.7 (20$ for beta access) but someone would have to check on that. It appears that not everyone gets this issue though.

Here's my old thread about the same thing: http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=27344

OP
R

ReDGuNNeR

I posted my system specs In the first post, I am surprised it's running so choppy while Jabo's plugin runs at a constant 60FPS in every game with AA,AF maxed and triple buffering. I haven't really tweaked every setting in Glide but I tried it with a 2D game like Yoshi's story and it was still running at half-speeds.

AMD64 4200+
8800GTS 320MB
1GB RAM

In the end, it's just a bunch of little colors that come out in the top of the screen & I guess Glide64 doesn't play nice with the dual core CPU. Thanks for the help :D

Legend

Your right, sorry I missed your specs. Wow, you have a nice system. Even mine runs this game at 60 though. There's seriously some setting in Glide64 or in your vid. card's opengl settings that's causing this. Are you sure you don't have AA on for your opengl games or something?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the OpenGL in current G80 drivers has some issues, and the 320mb model has some issues with its memory management

Legend

That's right, the 8800 have their own drivers. And how nice, opengl and mem management problems. I think we found the culprit. Thanks Squall. Red, you could maybe verify this if using Rice's Video plugin in Opengl mode is slow but not in DirectX mode.

OP
R

ReDGuNNeR

Ouch, I didn't know about the OpenGL issues and the memory issue... Thanks for the heads up.

surprisingly enough, I tested out Glide and Rice (OpenGL) with Super Mario 64 and they both ran at full-speed.I still prefer DX mode because I can set the AA and AF without resorting to the NVIDIA control panel (yup,laziness). So it's just Conker and my system it seems *tear tear*