What's new

Pokemon P/D english version and save type

bogyman

hello all

i tested pokemon pearl english version
and treid to saving (ingame)
save type=256 seems to be ok and saved in battery folder

but when i run the game and continue nogba dont load the save (black screen)

i treid several save type and non of them worked

plz help

:king:

Ody

Flash 256 KB is the correct save type. There was a fix for Japanese version to avoid the black screen when you load the save (rename No$gba.imp into firmware.bin) but it doesn't work for English version so that you obtain a communication error message.
Maybe someone will come up with a solution to fix this issue...

EDIT: Skill1414 posted a fix on another forum. Patch the rom with:

http://home.pages.at/yoshi87/downloads/ipswinger.rar
http://www.sor-gts.de/files/lgc-pkmd.ips

Original author: Kingcom

Last edited:

lob4k

bogyman, could you explain how you get it work. i already patch it with the patch that Ody give, but i always get the same error message. what should i do start from the original file?.
Thanks

OP
B

bogyman

ok make a new directory and put ur patched game in it
extract ipswinger.rar in this dir and put lgc-pkmd.ips in it

so you have

IPSWin.exe
lgc-pkmd.ips
1016 - Pokemon Pearl (U)(Legacy).nds

then start ipswin.exe , browse for the game file and the ips file and press patch

11111111111gq9.jpg

now start nogba
option>emulation setup>NDS catridge backup>Flash 256
options>save options

now play as much as you want then press "X" button (i config it to "Q")

then save your game

exit nogba and run again

the game well as you to continue or to play a new fame

lob4k

ok, i will try it. i thought the ips is for the diamond version, because the "d" word on the last file name. i will try it with pearl like you said. hopefully it can work now. thanks

edit: it is still not working and it's the same communication error. what i do is i patch my pokemon pearl with endrypt and then patch it again with ipswinger. After that i set my no$gba option just like you said. The game save is working but when i load it give me that error.

edit2: hey it's working now. i'm not exactly sure what just i did. i delete my firmware.bin and no$gba.inp and it's working and can load the game.

Last edited:

Collin

original firmware.bin

lob4k, I think you need to use original firmware.bin(not rename form no$gba.inp).

Ody

Well having or not the real firmware is not the most important. What should not be done is to use the No$gba.imp file as the firmware.

Low Lines

another n00b thread lol (sorry in a weird mood, had 2 hours sleep because of stupid Business Studies report -_-)

SpeedyCat

I still can't it to work. Why is this so difficult to use? I can't figure out why it always crashes when trying to load the save games.

narutoanbu

ok make a new directory and put ur patched game in it
extract ipswinger.rar in this dir and put lgc-pkmd.ips in it

so you have

IPSWin.exe
lgc-pkmd.ips
1016 - Pokemon Pearl (U)(Legacy).nds

then start ipswin.exe , browse for the game file and the ips file and press patch

11111111111gq9.jpg

now start nogba
option>emulation setup>NDS catridge backup>Flash 256
options>save options

now play as much as you want then press "X" button (i config it to "Q")

then save your game

exit nogba and run again

the game well as you to continue or to play a new fame

do you think u can make better directions?? cuz its not workin for me, when i save in game and close the emu then start up pokemon pearl legacy it says some error and tells me to press A, then it goes to a blank teal screen....... is it same problem ur talking about?
also in order to get to the nogba screen i gotta open a game so do i open the pokemon pearl legacy?? and when i just clicked patch wat game do i open? and "x" is the thing to open the menu ingame rite? and u gotta do this befor u open the game rite? plzzzzz help me i luv playing new poke games =P

Ody

It's because you renamed you No$gba.imp file to firmware.bin. Check the size of your firmware, if it is far less than 256KB, then delete it.

narutoanbu

dude i never renamed it thats only jap version rite? but yeah the no$gba is 143 kb alone but the whole folder is 2.68 mb ............ wats the instructions and r we talking about the same prolem??

Ody

What is the size of your file named FIRMWARE.BIN, not the size of the emulator?
And yes, I know what I am talking about. I have been solving Pokemon DP problems for a few days for everyone.