What's new

Emulation Design Presentation -- April 28th

pinchy

Hello everyone,

I am giving a presentation on emulator design and programming at the Twin Cities Code Camp on Saturday, April 28th, 2007. Code Camp is a free conference for developers (food provided) with topics presented by local developers. Please visit http://www.twincitiescodecamp.com if you happen to be in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA area on April 28th. Some of the other topics may also interest you, including a presentation from a buddy on World of Warcraft scripting and add-on development. It's free with food!

I will be focusing on the Intel 8080 due to its simplicity and historical value. Concepts presented include techniques for emulating hardware, memory and address spaces, unit testing, performance, legal issues, etc. I am currently scheduled to speak at 10:30 AM in classroom #1 for 75 minutes. This may change so be sure double-check the schedule before arriving.

All code and other materials will be available for download from my web site at http://www.thoughtproject.com. Note that I am working on an open source emulation framework in C#/.NET, which will be available for download a few days before the conference.

Sorry if you interpret this as spam. I would love to meet other emulation authors and fans at the presentation. Please attend if you can. Also, if you have a Code Camp in your local area, feel free to contact me if you want to take my materials and create your own presentation. This is a great way to share technical information, improve your speaking skills, and get other people involved in emulation programming.

Cyberman

Wooo!

Hey .. dang I wish I lived in Minisota suddenly.. well not really but I would love to attend. Being that I've been big into emulation for a bit. :D

I've been using emulation for all sorts of things other than game consoles (seems people like to emulate game consoles for some reason). Anyhow nice conference idea!

Cyb

smcd

Sounds interesting but I am several hundred miles south so no go for me. Best of luck.