What's new

DS flash card

Ody

Cheapest and best are generally contradictory. It depends also on which slot flashcart you want. Anyway, here are a few suggestions that flashcart users consider as best (results from a poll):

Best slot 1 flashcart: M3 Simply/R4 Revolution
Best slot 2 flashcart: M3 or SuperCard

If you don't intend to play GBA games, better go with an M3 Simply/R4 Revolution.

Last edited:

smcd

Some homebrew requires Slot-2 devices to work properly, might want to keep that in mind as well :) (due to it being older homebrew, or the Slot-2 having extra RAM)

Someone!

Hullo!
Well, another good flashcard, with 2 GB onboard will be the new DS-X 16Gb version
(16Gigabits, so it's 2GigaBytes) which will be coming out soon

smcd

Well, another good flashcard, with 2 GB onboard will be the new DS-X 16Gb version
(16Gigabits, so it's 2GigaBytes) which will be coming out soon

That will be considerably more expensive than something like a Supercard or M3/R4. There is also the rumor of M3/G6 "Real" on the horizon, might be worth sticking it out for a couple of weeks to see what happens.

...of course by "downloaded DS games" you meant homebrew, right? :unsure:

Last edited:
OP
D

DX1020

Thnx

Thnx for the information and yes by Downloaded DS games i meant homebrew i saw a thing called Max Media Player for $40 with 8GB and i also heard u could put moonshell on it and play homebrew should i get it?

V

vashts2005

Get an R4 (or m3 simply I heard they are basically the same thing) for NDS stuff. I have one, its excellent, plays all my backed up NDS games. As for homebrew, its worked with a couple emulators, SnezziDS (I think) and NES ( I forget which emulator). The DS scene doesnt have perfect emulators, but they are getting there. I never tried any homebrew games, so I can't help there.

smcd

I do not recommend a Max Media Player / Dock... I'd go with an R4/M3 Simply or a Supercard, or a slot 2 solution (with a passcard or flashme'd ds) like m3 perfect lite or supercard

OP
D

DX1020

max media player it is!

well i did some more research on the MMP/D and it looks like it works perfect well since i told my cousin about it he went and bought one right away and it works perfect he hasn't tried any emulators yet but i aint gonna use it for emulators so im going to get mine later.