What's new

Apollo's compatibility level

samura

I visited apollo's site ( prettty coool!) scooping around and saw compatibility for v0.02.
Just wondering what percentage will it be now (30%? , 50% , 75%,...er....er....100% ?:)

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Hrm... perhaps I shouldn't release v0.10. I should make it always require a Ghz machine!!! :)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Azimer said:
Hrm... perhaps I shouldn't release v0.10. I should make it always require a Ghz machine!!! :)

I look foward to my copy with Glee :)

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
hmm, let's see, i have got a 1 THz machine.
Look, no joke. seriously.

I just needed to borrow the liquid nitrogen cooler from the life sciences lab and slowly lower my CPU into it.

Then I added a second layer of liquid nitrogen.

Followed by a third layer of Ice Cubes with salt.

And then a fourth layer of Icy water.

All wrapped up in 3 inches of styrofoam, covered in five denim jackets.

And when I ran it, it worked. However, things did not run very well...Windows 98 gave me a Kernel32.dll error everytime I started up Windows, the sound screwed up every way, and I resistor burnt itself out (i smelt the smoke!).

soon, the CPU burned out. That was when I attempted to run Unreal Tournament...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Renegade said:
hmm, let's see, i have got a 1 THz machine.
Look, no joke. seriously.

I just needed to borrow the liquid nitrogen cooler from the life sciences lab and slowly lower my CPU into it.

Then I added a second layer of liquid nitrogen.

Followed by a third layer of Ice Cubes with salt.

And then a fourth layer of Icy water.

All wrapped up in 3 inches of styrofoam, covered in five denim jackets.

And when I ran it, it worked. However, things did not run very well...Windows 98 gave me a Kernel32.dll error everytime I started up Windows, the sound screwed up every way, and I resistor burnt itself out (i smelt the smoke!).

soon, the CPU burned out. That was when I attempted to run Unreal Tournament...

ahem... you had a 1THz machine...

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Sounds like a good catch phrase...

"Apollo... First emulator to require Ghz machine!"

Crazed376

Strange. I have an AMD Thunderbird 750mhz, and Apollo works fine. Maybe you need an Intel 1 ghz to run it. ;)

Anyways, keep up the good work Azimer.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
yea, intel sux for almost everything in the benchmark tests, but in like 3 tests AMD chips fall in the stats, they really fall...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Malcolm said:
yea, intel sux for almost everything in the benchmark tests, but in like 3 tests AMD chips fall in the stats, they really fall...
Would you mind to tell what?

Dominator

I am sorry to bring on such a fact but on my computer, PJ64 is not any faster than Apollo (K6-500 Mhz - TNT 2 - Dual V2 - 192 Megs).

Also, Apollo is certainly the ost "PNP" n64 emulator. No ini, db like module .. All you gotta configure is plugins related and default setting oftenly work fine to me.

sirss

whats the odds fer gauntlet ledgends every working Azimer ? would look great. project64 came close can run around the tower not as much fun as acully playing it thow lol . would look as good as dreamcast version on the pc if youll ever fix it :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
sirss said:
whats the odds fer gauntlet ledgends every working Azimer ? would look great. project64 came close can run around the tower not as much fun as acully playing it thow lol . would look as good as dreamcast version on the pc if youll ever fix it :)

u could get past the tower, gotoOlax's Site to find out how. (results may vary)