What's new

Ideas 1.0.1.3 Released! Awesome speed

spotanjo3

Not really. It is not the best emulator. It is just an improvement overall. All of the emulators are great, anyway. :)

Yoshi's Island DS - The intro on the bottom is missing in the
background. When goes into Ingame then black screens

MegaMan Battle Network 5 - Double Team DS: playable and Rockman's himself and his background is some gfx errors.

Ryuusei no Rockman series --- playable but the metool's faces are partially missing.

Megaman ZX - playable but something is bug in the background like rotate rings or something onto the sky.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - playable but some gfx is errors in the
background.

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - After you selected things then red
screen on the bottom.

New Super Mario Bros. - Ingame is gfx errors

Super Mario 64 DS v1.1 - Ingame's gfx is improvement but some are
still gfx errors.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - playable

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Justice For All - playable

Lunar Knights - The save is stuck.

Naruto RPG 2 - Chidori vs Rasengan (J) - playable

Lost Magic (U) - Taito logo then crash.

Diddy Kong Racing DS - Some Diddy Kong Racing data is corrupt and will
be deleted. Press A Button to continue. (try that again and again and I got the same message)

Resident Evil DS - Red screen on the bottom

Mario Kart DS - After you chosen any then it's stuck

Garaku Teiru - playable

Izuna - Legend of the Unemployed Ninja - playable

Last edited:

synch

In fact, most of the speed comes from stuff not being emulated. It lacks major 2D features, the general 2D/3D layering is hacked as hell, and there's an insane amount of glitches on simple 3D scenes (mainly showing that the texture cache is doing something VERY wrong to get speed over visual accuracy).

I mean, Ideas is advancing quite nicely, but it's easy to get those speeds lacking all those features. When it gets to emulate the many lacking basic features, then we'll be able to compare with the others.

spotanjo3

Contact - playable

Final Fantasy 3 - Works but sprites are missing and gfx errors

Sonic Rush - playable

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 - March of the Minis - playable

Last edited:
OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
In fact, most of the speed comes from stuff not being emulated. It lacks major 2D features, the general 2D/3D layering is hacked as hell, and there's an insane amount of glitches on simple 3D scenes (mainly showing that the texture cache is doing something VERY wrong to get speed over visual accuracy).

I mean, Ideas is advancing quite nicely, but it's easy to get those speeds lacking all those features. When it gets to emulate the many lacking basic features, then we'll be able to compare with the others.

Does desmume have a dynarec implemented yet? or does any other one of the ds emulators?

I was thinking, the ds is similar (in a way) to the n64 so i can see us being able to play at full speed soon :)_

spotanjo3

What save type, what region, and how long should people wait for this screens to show up..etc..etc. Explain ?

Not all games showing right away, you know.

Good job! :D

megaxvx

Rockman Fan
well some screenshots

2zsnsbr.jpg

486xilu.jpg

2mnqfs2.jpg

spotanjo3

metroid hunter didnt seem to work. how is that possibly ?

megaxvx,

please give some description how you played them. Are they playable or frozen or anything. That's important that we can know.

By the way, I did played ryussei no rockman dragon and it's playable but metools's face are missing. Can't wait.

Clements

Metroid Prime - First Hunt (U) is the one that is playable. Save type that works with it is 64K EEPROM.

Clements

You are thinking of Metroid Prime Hunters, which is a different game. This is the demo game that came free with the original DS.