What's new

Castlevania: LOD Problem

Cukeman

I've been playing "Legacy Of Darkness" and it's served me pretty well and I've gotten pretty far, but now every once in a while, it'll stop, let out a deafening screech, go black, and shut off. And on top of all that, it erases all memory saves I've made since that session. (I make sure to save both with memory card and savestates at the same time, but that's not the point).

It keeps doing it randomly throughout the game and I don't know what to do.

Last edited:

Witten

Emulator Developer
My advice is to make a savestate just before this event occurs and attach the savestate to this thread (up to 8MB zip file is allowed). Someone may try to reproduce it and post back.

OP
Cukeman

Cukeman

It doesn't happen at a set time. It happens randomly...sometimes not at all. It also does it with regular Castlevania 64 too. It also brings up an error message complaining about SD_RAM.

Witten

Emulator Developer
Running an overclocked PC?
Did you check your roms with goodn64 to see if it are good dumps?

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
sounds like PFN_CORRUPT crash....

symptons of this are not updating the MFT after writing files causing data to be lost on reboot.

The Spoony Hou

I had this problem in many games... I fixed it by changing the sound plugin to Azimer's. No more problems :).

If this doesn't work or you're unsure, just play the game in window mode. That way, you can see the error window :p.