What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

teh ~Xiaos~ official paper mario retexturing project

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Time to start:
:party:Teh [~Xiaos~] Paper Mario Retexturing Project!!:party:

:flowers: Xiaos's Paper Mario v0.1 :flowers:

:flowers: Toads patch (08/06/07) :flowers:

This pack includes Mario's house (most), Toad Town, and Peach's castle (Most) and The toads~ :D

I'm going to be working on textures from sectioned screenshots, from the start of the game so this will be mainly in order,
Any and all comments welcome and appreciated, here's the screens of the overall progress so far:

Last edited:

smcd

No kidding PSD might be useful and nice, but they are also big and only a few programs support opening them :p (I used the GIMP)

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
heh, yeah sorry XD... well I'll change the formats

well there'll be updates soon working on the rest of goomba village then I'll do Toad Town

Well this SUCKS, my scanner is retarded so I can't start most of the project, I'll try to get it working but it's not connected to my computer so she'll start bitching if I tamper with it... sorry but I'll keep drawing the textures i guess,

~Xiaos

hmm having fun what do you guys think of this star rod??

changes:

allright I'll have a real update soon but what do you think so far?? school has been harsh, anyone still interested?
I've got 1 semester to go though! well here's a tiny update:
HUD almost finished, i switch between HUD and area textures.::

Last edited by a moderator:

smcd

My biggest problem with n64 games is text becoming blurry. I never minded the "outdated" look of textures as it's part of the system. Keep up the good work :)

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
thanks, im the same way, i like the *crisp look, makes the textures blend better.

last update for tonight, fence, inn sign, door:

i wish i could use some sprite sheets for the characters, but mollymutt has claimed them... drawing and coming up with ideas for the style of the characters is hard... that's what I'm trying now, when i have a few mario, luigi, etc. textures then I'll continue; I'm just retexturing useless items right now so I'm going to try to jumpstart the project when i get some character textures done.. updates when that happens

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, if our characters are the same then there would be no difference in our packs.
I meant claim as in you used them for your characters, not actually claiming them as your own.

well, can I have those sprite sheets? I'll figure something out to differentiate our packs, but that would be greatly appreciated.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
thanks man, I'll have updated characters soon.

hmm.., well what do you think?

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, i won't have any updates for about ~2 weeks~ I'll be going away for spring break, updates then.

before i go, almost finished with the outside castle (except the background and trees), here it is, inside and outside castle.

when i get back I'll finish mario and start toads, bowser, and peach.

cya,
[~Xiaos~]

does anyone like this pack, or not?
feedback would be appreciated.:unsure: =]

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm, I'm having a hard time with the toads, if someone wants to help me and create the toads for me that would be great, I think mine come out wierd: what do you think?

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmmm... his stomach... I'll remake and post a new one here
the angle is also incorrect, this may take some time to make right, I'll have a new one soon, then from the red toad textures I get 3 other toads so It'll be easy to finish the toads when i get this red one done...

hmm how's this?? ( different frame than before) the angle looks right to me, but how's the body and head?