What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Question on Dumping textures

J450n64

Now I know how to do it and all, but in order to retexturize an entire game do I have to go through the entire and game and beat every nook and cranny so I can texturize it?

Also, when I dumped these textures, there are 2 folders saying "png_all" and "png_by_rgb_a", which ones do I have to edit to make the change visible in the game?

Thanks

Datadayne

Good question. I dont think you have to go through the whole game.I played mario 64 and only walked around the castle, but the dumped textures are textures that do not just come from outside the castle.... know what im sayin?

OP
J

J450n64

Yeah me and my bro were thinking on retexturizing Mario 64, though I wouldn't mind going through the game again I just hope I could find a faster way.

And also, is there an answer to my png folders questions?

Datadayne

png folder.... never heard of it. I use project 64 and when I dump my textures, it all dumps in a folder called texture_dump. Anyways, try checking what kind of file the texture is. If its firework.doc then you should be able to texture it.

P.S what emu, rom, rice version are you using? Might me your anser. Try getting the latest versions of all of these.

OP
J

J450n64

I'm using 1964 and Super Mario 64, with the Rice 6.1.1 beta.
I know, it sends my textures to a folder called "texture_dump", but inside those folders, it has a folder saying "SUPER MARIO 64", inside the mario folder is has around 5 folders, 3 of them are filled with nothing, the other 2 have .png files. The question I'm asking, is which folder do I have to edit to get my textures in the game, or do I have to edit both of them.

Datadayne

again, ive never heard of this, but heres what I would do.

Check those two folders, open one of them, hold the mouse over one of the textures. Wait a couple of seconds, then it will give you the type of file it is. If you see firework.doc, then you could retexture it.

Until someone elses helps us here, thats my advise.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, look through the stickies, but all png files, not bmp's... just retexture all the png files.. check the help stickies for more info

~Xiaos~

starfox5194

Gamecube Texture Distributer
ok what u do is get adobe photoshop CS 2 "demo" (or fullversion if you can afford it. I just delete the demo file key from the registry and reinstall) <-if you can't do that it doesen't matter.

So anywaye open the .png with your favorite photo editor (if you don't have paint shop pro or sometin ur stuck cuz paint SUX)

Then when you are done editing the image put it in the "retexture\SUPER MARIO 64" make sure it is capitalized i'm not sure what the retexture folder called is because i don't use this program anymore i just look at peoples progress.

MAKE SURE THE FILES ARE .PNG WHEN YOU PUT THEM IN THE SUPER MARIO 64 FOLDER

EDIT: there are differernt files things the differen't TEXTURE_DUMP folders you'll just have to look at them all sorry its the only way because you will probably edit them all anyways.

Last edited: