What's new

dsdoom help

campbell00

Whenever i try to p[lay other wads that i have, they dont work. Im not sure what files i need to take out and what files to put in to play other wads. Any help?

OP
C

campbell00

yes. Right now in my dsdoom folder, i have doom.wad, dsdoom.nds, and prboom.wad. I can pick standered game, and then it goes blank with the power still on

smcd

Depending on the hardware, homebrew games (such as dsdoom) might not be compatible. Check the manufacturer's website or reviews?

OP
C

campbell00

i Have an m3 simply, with a micro SD sandisk 1 GB. I can get doom to work with the shareware wad, but no others

smcd

I read somewhere that the doom.wad goes in the root of the card and then the nds file goes into a folder titled "doom" - I have not tested this myself and cannot right now remember where I read it. Not sure if it'd change anything regarding shareware/full compatibility or not though.

smcd

I cannot get it working. I patched with DLDI (r4ds) and put the nds file, the prboom wad and doom.wad onto the card and I get the menu, but afterwards just a set of black screens.

spotanjo3

I am curious..why doom ? I find this game rather bored and and I never liked it when it was first released a lonnnnng time ago. :p

smcd

I get the black & white menu to select standard or network game. I do not get into the Doom menu itself.