What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Comic Book Style Link

mountains

Hey. This is my first post, but I've been reading the forums for a while. Anyway, this is just a small project that I've started. It's Adult Link from Oot in a more comicbooky style. So far, I've just finished his face, but I like how it's turning out, so if you guys are interested, I'll probly do the rest of him as well. Download and use to your hearts content, just don't steal them and say they're yours.

01uv2.jpg

02jg4.jpg

03ta7.jpg

04ih5.jpg

05ra1.jpg

OP
mountains

mountains

Cool... but... did you do something to his nose? It looks bigger than normal.

Nope. I don't know how to mess with models, just textures. Maybe it just seems bigger because the shots are so close up. Link has a pretty big shnoz though.

Thanks for all the nice feedback! If you guys are interested, I'll do the rest of Link's textures in this style. Would anyone use them?

OP
mountains

mountains

You should make a version more like your avatar too... i know i'd use it ;P

And yes, it looks awesome ;D

Yeah, actually, I was thinking about that today. I based my avatar off of Lttp Link (the in-game purple haired hero), and I thought it might be cool to do one like that. I wanna finish this comic book one first, but I may do a Lttp one in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

mudlord

Banned
Nope. I don't know how to mess with models

To mess with the models, you will need a ROM editor. Another way is through pixel shaders, to mess with lighting and image processing..:borg:

Nice progress BTW :)

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Yeah, actually, I was thinking about that today. I based my avatar off of Lttp Link (the in-game purple haired hero), and I thought it might be cool to do one like that. I wanna finish this comic book one first, but I may do a Lttp one in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I noticed that why did those fools at Nintendo use pink hair? Was that popular back in 1991?

OP
mountains

mountains

I can't seem to find the right texture for the forearm of Link's gauntlet. I dumped and got a few Link textures, one of them being what I thought was his gauntlet, but after I edited it, it wouldn't load. Can anyone give me some tips on how to dump the right textures you want and/or give me the correct name of the gauntlet forearm texture?

I'm no expert but you could try ripping everything in one scene, preferrably one low on textures, without the gauntlet equipped, then equip it and sort your ripped textures by date and it should be first or last amongst your textures.

Last edited:

merrell

Freakishly . . . large . . . big . . . giant . . . nose!

I know you can't do anything about it, but this would look sooooooooooo much better if Nintendo didn't give link such a big, pointy nose. I wonder if you would cut yourself if you tried to touch it . . .

EDIT - Oops, dead thread. Anyway, looks like I just resurrected it.

Last edited: