What's new

no$gba 2.3d is out!

spotanjo3

http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

23 February 2007 - version 2.3d
- nds/video/help: added note on unknown tvoutcnt register (nds9 port 4000070h)
- nds/sio/help: added chapter on (absent) link port (with new bits like ckup)
- nds/aux/help: added full gba and gba-sp cpu/lcd/chipset pinouts (from no$gmb)
- nds/aux/help: added SG and SW pins (gba-sp/nds headphone socket) (from no$gmb)
- nds/3d/help: added projection/rotation/scaling/translation matrix examples
- nds/3d/help: added edge marking notes, alpha_test_ref notes, and fog notes
- nds/3d/help: added new shadow polygon chapter, and added toon table notes
- nds/3d: skips vtx's of (still unsupported) shadow polygons (avoid eragon dirt)
- nds/3d: speedup: re-creates textures only if teximage_param/pltt_base changed
- nds/3d: speedup: mtx_mul_4x3/3x3/trans/scale skips fixed values (ie. 0 and 1)
- nds/sound: init [sb_pos_in_buf_in_clk_cycles]=0 (avoids fatal 'e-2' on reset)
- nds/3d: supports packed-texture-mode3 (mul3+mul5=div8) (eragon/mariokart demo)
- nds/microphone: emulates mircophone gain level (powerman reg3 = x1 x2 x4 x8)
- nds/microphone: wave_in-dma activated only if/as long as enabled in powerman
- nds/microphone: forwards PC mic-in/line-in to nds-microphone (player 1 only)
- nds/microphone: emulates muted mic-level (for mic-powerman off=000h, on=800h)
- dos/nds: supports nds-video (256x192) (dual-screen) (forced 640x480 onepix)
- dos: dpmi redirects dos32_int10 to dpmi_interrupt_10h (fixes win98 xgra-crash)
- dos: uses int2fh/1680h under dpmi (not actually supported by cwsdpmi/win98)
- dos: prevents hlt-opcode under dpmi (hlt crashed cwsdpmi, ignored by win98)
- initialize: corrected @@zero_fill_vals length (caused crash in dos version)

Stezo2k

S-2K
thats quite a few changes, nice to see this emu being updated a lot lately :) best DS emu around at the mo

cheers for the news

diablow

First emulator with microphone support - nice. I hope author will do something about awfull sound emulation in next release, and maybe solve the problem with sprite blending in March of Minis and other titles (this http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12486 information might be usefull).
Some other emulator bugs and annoyances (
* Emulation Speed, LCD refresh slowdown options doesn't work (not implemented?);
* first load DS rom, then open GBA rom (or vice versa) - screen size doesn't change (you can play gba games in stretched DS screen, or even DS games in smallish GBA screen), also, after playing DS rom, close emulator, and then start it again, but this time load GBA rom - screen size will be bigger than GBA (stretched).
* saving settings to firmware would be a nice feature, also an option to change time and date manually.
* not precise emulation speed readings in some 3D games (e.g. when set on disaster 10%, game runs slow, but speed shows lot more than 100%).
* loading saved state crashes emulator.
* making a screenshot crashes emulator.
* loading from zip archives would be a great feature (for gamers).

Last edited:

Arkanius

Well it works, but quite badly. Here I am trying to blow the fingerprint powder in Phoenix Wright... Its quite complicated...

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Well it works, but quite badly. Here I am trying to blow the fingerprint powder in Phoenix Wright... Its quite complicated...

Read the changelog. It mentioned about turn microphone on and off but I am not certain how.

VascoAlmeida

http://rapidshare.com/files/18090136/0697_-_Jump__Ultimate_Stars__Japan_.sav

Thats my SuperCard save for Jump! Ultimate Stars, with almost everything completed, but i cannot use it on the No$Gba, somehow it never encounters the save, and begins the game like if it didnt have a save...

Do i need to convert it, or modify anything on the emulator ?

PS:. The game runs excelent on the new version of No$Gba, runs almost flawlessly, perfect speed (yet sometimes a little to no slowdown, but very little really, as it doesnt affect gameplay), great graphics, etc

Arkanius

It seems I was just doing the Fingerprint powder thing wrongly.
This works perfectly! (Blowing in the microphone in Phoenix Wright)
Jump Superstars works fine now? Amazing!

EDIT:

The intro movie of Jump Ultimate Superstars is supposed to work? It doesn't for me.

EDIT 2

The whole game works quite badly, nowhere near flawlessly (atleast for me. Jump Ultimate Stars)

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

It seems I was just doing the Fingerprint powder thing wrongly.
This works perfectly! (Blowing in the microphone in Phoenix Wright)
Jump Superstars works fine now? Amazing!

EDIT:

The intro movie of Jump Ultimate Superstars is supposed to work? It doesn't for me.

EDIT 2

The whole game works quite badly, nowhere near flawlessly (atleast for me. Jump Ultimate Stars)

You confused me a little bit.

Make a list. I know that Phoenix Wright works perfectly with microphone.

Jump Starstars works what ?

Jump Ultimate Stars works what ?

Anyway....

Lunar - Dragon Song (U) : Now it is fully playable because of mic is now emulated but a little bit lag, thought.

Taos Adventure Curse of the Demon Seal (U) - Now is playable but very slow.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Lunar Knights (U) - Playable but until you met the suspicious girl and it just stopped.

Contact (U) - Playable and I do not see any wrong with it.

I am currently playing it right now. I will post to see if it is fully playable or what. I will make a new thread for Contact (U) if it is fully playable. I have to play it to the end. Hopefully, it didnt crashes or stuck or any bugs. :)

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

I don't know. I just set this emulator up with mic built in and everything is fine to me, I guess. LOL!

j3bus

jebus
whoa this emu its just great.
found that Agent under fire (USA) - Its playable whit some missing sprites but it plays well, just you need to activate Unlimited MHz-Disaster, 10% to playit better.

and oh!!! i found a bug in a game, its in yoshi island ds. in one level theres no collision betwen yoshi and a wall so you can pass through it when its supose you cant.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

and oh!!! i found a bug in a game, its in yoshi island ds. in one level theres no collision betwen yoshi and a wall so you can pass through it when its supose you cant.

Thanks but it was already mentioned last month. :)