What's new

Game Bug in Body Harvest

stefan1187

hello,

i have a problem.... (for a long time already) everytime when i play the game "Body Harvest" on my pc there is nothing wrong... but when i come further in the game.... i get the following problem (See Below)

when i walk over bridges i fall down.... i can walk trough walls. :plain:

what's going on? is there a tool wich i can use to solve this problem??

i'm using the Project64 Emulator (V1.6)

(sorry for my bad english)

Iconoclast

Try Glide64 for this game. It might just fix these graphics clipping issues you mentioned.

If you don't know how to install Glide64 and change your graphics plugin...just to save my breath, try installing Mupen64.

If it works, then I'll tell you how to use Glide64 on Project64.

OP
S

stefan1187

Thnx for the fast reaction :flowers:

i installed Mupen64 and when i started the emulator and i loaded the Rom Mupen gave me a message that i had to chose a Video plugin in the Configuration Menu. i clicked myself to the configuration menu and i had to chose out of 3 plugins:

- Direct64 v0.5.03.25

- Glide64 v.0.8 wonder

- glN64 v0.4.1

i didn't knew wich to chose so i tried again to load a rom. this time mupen loaded the rom and it started to play... but when i was at the point (The Bridge see picture above) first i couldn't climb up the bridge.. when i move sometimes with my arrow key's (right and left) and then tried to climb up again it worked but then the same problem as displayed above on the picture happened... it seems i fall down trough the bridge. :down:

i didn't instal Glide64 Already....

what can i do now? :unsure:

OP
S

stefan1187

how can i use goodn64 on my game.... if i open the file: Goodn64

i get a dosbox... what i have to do then? (see picture below what i see)

Clements

The Body Harvest clipping bug is a known video plugin problem. You might be able to pass certain things by using cheats. Not sure if any other emu/plugin gets the game right.

OP
S

stefan1187

hmmm and where can i find those cheats?

iconoclast told me about Glide64 he said maybe it will solve the problem... can you ell me about that?

Iconoclast

Well, try Glide64 as your graphics plugin. Press Ctrl+S. See the top plugin field? Fill that in with Glide64 WonderPlus (and I know there's a new version out).

If that doesn't fix your graphics issue, then try Direct64. Then glN64.

Sorry I didn't take the time to test all of this for you; I don't have this ROM on me right now.

Clements

Glide64/Direct64/Jabo's/glN64()/Rice's Video do not solve this problem. Nor does Mupen64.

It is still possible to cross that bridge, but you pass underneath it (clipping problem).

OP
S

stefan1187

then i can't come further in the game...... all those options don't work... further in the game i have to pass a bridge way up.... so if i can't climb i can't play the game

isn't there a way to solve this problem?????

Iconoclast

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Then I guess I'd better do this myself. I come back with a conclusion in an hour or less.

Could someone give me a save state, please? I can't find the bridge. Looks so far, though, like Rice's Video Plugin fixes the clipping issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

Body Harvest.7z = Mupen64 0.5.1 savesate.
Body.zip = PJ64 save state.

Rice's Video 6.11 beta 10 does not solve it.

Last edited:
OP
S

stefan1187

hi iconoclast... did you already found how to solve the problem... i tried to install the Rice's video plugin but if i run the emulator then it said... it failed to load the rices's video plugin.

Iconoclast

I'll let you know if I find a way, but, so far, there doesn't seem to be one.

Five graphics plugins have already failed to clip the character to the bridge. I think it might be a core issue instead of a graphics issue. Try using 1964 with Jabo's Direct3D 8 as your graphics plugin.

OP
S

stefan1187

i tried to open it with the 1964 emulator and configured the jabo's direct 3D 8 plugin... but the emulator will not work when i do something with my keyboard... it doens't give a reaction when i want to start play.... what can i do?

Iconoclast

You need to change your input plugin. N-Rage's sometimes locks your mouse automatically. Apparently, we're the only two here with this problem.

Try changing it to Jabo's DirectInput.