What's new

getting errors

darkone124

"Direct3d failed to initialize your hal device make sure you have a properly configured 3d graphics card compatible with direct3d 6.0"

Followed by

"failed to initilize graphics"

it crashes when i try and play the compatible game I have the updated windows drivers and video drivers

my specs

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700
NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
1.5 gigs of ram:party:

OP
D

darkone124

its kind of annoying the d pad + my left analog stick are the same buttons i guess and the right analog is the same buttons as the sqaure circle x and triangle >.<

Last edited:

Iconoclast

That's not possible. Jabo's DirectInput doesn't support having the same key assigned to different buttons. In fact, most input plugins do have a problem with that. The ones that don't are N64 VirtualPad and N-Rage's DirectInput plugins.

OP
D

darkone124

That's not possible. Jabo's DirectInput doesn't support having the same key assigned to different buttons. In fact, most input plugins do have a problem with that. The ones that don't are N64 VirtualPad and N-Rage's DirectInput plugins.

I didn't use jabo it didn't recognize that i even press a button and the n-rage was the one that wasnt working and virtual pad doesnt work either

Iconoclast

You need to configure your controls first. Choose "Configure Controller Plugin..." command from the Options menu in Project64, and decide which keys you want to represent which N64 controller buttons.

Iconoclast

Right, and did you set your keys?

If so, which keys did you assign to moving Left, Right, Down and Up on the Analog Stick (not digital)?

OP
D

darkone124

Mp-8866 dual usb joypad ..alteast thats what my computer says and ive used all the inputs youve mentioned none of them seemed to work completely and i know the controller works ive used it on many games

Iconoclast

That's not an input plugin; that's the input device you're using for your input plugin.

Choose the "Settings..." command from the Options menu. Under "Input (controller) Plugin," what does it say you're using?

Iconoclast

Okay, and, when you choose Configure Controller Plugin from the Options menu, see the top-right of the configuration that says Device List? You need to click which devices in that list you want to enable for configuring. For example, you can't set your mouse for the controls without clicking on "Mouse."

Did that help?