What's new

Desmume WIP releases!

JKKDARK

New builds from the Nintendo DS emulator for PC.

These builds are to be considered work-in-progress builds and do not represent any official releases. These builds are compiled using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 with all optimizations enabled and buffer overrun checks disabled. Use of these builds is at your own risk and are provided for intended use by testers only. If you do not feel comfortable with test software on your computer, please do not use these WIP builds. Report all bugs to the official DeSmuME forums linked from the official page. Please do not ask when new WIP builds will be available or when XX game will be supported.

January 27, 2007 Build
- Compiled without SSE2 Extensions (negligible difference)
- Slight CPU fixes
- Includes Save State support (Requires zlib1.dll - see below)

January 26, 2007 Build
- Initial WIP Release
- Changes from 0.5.0:
- Various ARM CPU fixes
- Preliminary WiFi support
- Various Graphical Fixes
- Window Stretching (1x-4x)
- Optimizations to Improve Speed

ZLIB1.DLL - Required for all builds January 27 and later

spotanjo3

I test it with Megaman ZX and everything is good until after video which you transformed and now I was ready to fight the enemies but it crashed. 0.3.5 version without a video didnt crashed. That's weird.

Yeah, Yoshi's Island 2 DS worked fine.

artage

Do you need to install anything? I get a "DeSmuMe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close..." error when I open it. I'm using sp2.

Clements

Was just an educated guess. Opening an app that requires the .NET Framework causes exactly the same kind of generic error as the user described, and some apps compiled with Visual C++ 2005 require it. If it is not that then it could be a video driver/DirectX issue. Not a zlib problem as it wouldn't produce that kind of error.

Arkanius

White screen with every game.
Strange, 0.5.0 worked fine Phoenix Wright, now all I get is a white screen.

EDIT:

Nevermind, my roms were Encrypted.
Well, seems there are more bugs this time around, and performance is any better either. I understand it's W.I.P

Last edited:

girrrtacos

Woah! Warioware touched is working!

WWare1.PNG

WWare2.PNG

WWare3.PNG

WWare4.PNG

um... sorry, im new! how do you post screenshots as little thumbnails?

Last edited:

rojo

I have to re-register for post... Well this releases works fine for me. Megaman zx works on my pc with save states. No sound because i have Windows Vista.