What's new

beta tester for sale :)

miniandrewmini

Hi,
My name is Zach Sullivan,
I am starting a certificate course in computer animation and digital media in the new year.
I have been studying multimedia for the last year or so.
My goals for the future are to one day be a games tester/ designer for square-enix, but that is a very long way off!

I want to get more experience in the gaming industry and hone my skills as a game tester.

I believe this is the perfect opportunity to do so.

I would like to be a technical/graphical testing of any emulator program.
My main interests are nintendo consoles, namely the gamecube, so i would be glad to be offered the great opportunity of evaluating and testing any gamecube emulation programs.

i look forward to any feedback, and hope to work with (any of) you in the future.

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Are you serious?

With all my respect, this sounds like when children talk about what they want to become in the future: astronaut, doctor, etc.

Being a tester is not funny. You rarely have fun with the games but the first days (and that's if you like that concrete game you're testing).

PS: Yup, I wanted to be an astronaut :p

Sercio

me an pilot, anyway.... getting a betatester isnt easy aswell! You need high skills at coding apps to analyse the issue on betas! Then you need a good point to show your skills to the main programmer from those emulator! But i dont think he will agree with you! At last they dont care about "noobs" like us who doesnt know to code so dont get any hope´s about that!
BTW its against the rules to ask be a betatester!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Since when does one have to code to be a tester? A testers job is to do every thinkable thing to a program and software to find those nasty little bugs. They have to know how the program works, but not code it nor know the underlying code.

OP
M

miniandrewmini

Thank you doomulation.
And being a games tester is most definitely not an unrealistic career option.
if you live in Australia, i would be very happy to show a few (TAFE or university) courses that involve game testing, that i will be taking next year.
this is the career pathway i have chosen to take,
please people. do not belittle me for that.

Trotterwatch

Q&A is definitely a viable career path. Just ensure you learn a variety of skills so you don't limit your options and you'll be fine.

As it is you could start off by donating to PJ64 1.7 and beta testing that - may be worth it to gain experience. Or find another emulator that is in open beta and do that (or even games that are in beta).

Good luck with what you are doing though.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
This complies with the rules... mmhmm... The rules in existence for over two years.