What's new

No$gba v2.3b

Dalthon

• gba/snd: snd_on_off 60h-81h non-writeable while disabled with optional warning
  • gba/snd: fixed snd_on_off (resets only 60h-81h, not 82h-83h) (thanks ludvig)
  • gba/help: described nr52/snd_on_off affected registers (60h-81h reset to zero)
  • gba/help: added noise random generator specs (gba psg channel 4, poly counter)
  • snap/sav: uses new "save_chunks" function (instead separate snapdat_write's)
  • snap/sav: RLU-encoder/decoder supports long-same regions (code 80h dta8 len16)
  • snap/sav-loader: re-allows old/smaller 64K sram/liff blocks (pre 128K flash)
  • snap/sav-loader: raised gba-max liff/sram_siz for to 128K (for new FLASH type)
  • snap/sav-loader: replaced fixed "liff/sram_siz" by variable "memsiz_sram/liff"
  • snap/sav-loader: skips unknown blocks by file-entry (rather by expected entry)
  • gba/help: new Backup IDs chapter (library ID strings, thanks pocketheaven faq)
  • gba/backup: detects 128kbyte FLASH backup (reportedly uses ID "FLASH1M_Vnnn")
  • gba/backup: emulates bankswitched 128kbyte FLASH backup memory (not tested)
  • gba/add-on: emulates gba solar sensor (currently fixed level) (boktai, momov)
  • gba/add-on: emulates gba-cart real time clock (rtc) (boktai, thanks momov)
  • gba/multiplay: refixed slave machine bios-loading (missing v2.2 mount_system)
  • nds/sound: precalculates sample rate timing (for some/minor emulation speedup)
  • nds/backup/help: added description of the new eeprom/flash/fram backup types
  • nds/backup: new: None, EEPROM 8K, EEPROM 64K, FLASH 256K, FLASH 512K, FRAM 32K
  • nds/3d: uses pixelformat with alpha (if supported, ie. not by generic driver)
  • nds/3d: above alpha untested - disabled by default - see setup: 3D Rear Alpha
  • nds/3d: added warning on 3D access with powcnt bit2-3 disabled (thanks anders)
  • nds/snd: fixed hang-up on uninitialized sound frequency (thanks damian yerrik)
  • nds/3d: loads opengl on any opengl-call (not only on swap buffers) (anders)
  • cpu/help: added notes on mis-aligned ldrd/strd (cpu memory alignments chapter)
  • cpu/detail: emulates mis-aligned ldrd/strd (clips lower 2 bits) (not 3 bits)
  • cpu/bugfix: fixed ldrd/strd bugged alignment warning (thanks anders norlander)
  • winxp/xboo: nocashio install bugfix: added "system32\" in CreateService param
  • winxp: supports Alt+key combinations (VK_LMENU instead of unsupported VK_MENU)
  • internal: sorted/re-arranged nds variables (for future nds snapshot support)
  • setup: changed color/depth settings: re-applies nds_color_xlat (backlights)
  • web/paypal: fixed missing CRLF between "=" / "-----END PKC" (thanks francesco)
  • nds/directboot: puts nds7_bios_crc and user_settings_base in RAM (as by BIOS)
  • nds/3d: cleanup: unloads opengl library (if loaded) on exit
  • nds/3d: uses win31-style upside-down-images (required for nvidia geforce)
  • nds/help: new chapter on accessing gba-slot/gba-carts in ds-mode (clks/addr)
  • gba/help: new chapter on gba cart real time clock (rtc) (used in boktai)
  • gba/help: new chapter on gba cart solar sensor (boktai, thanks momov for cart)
  • gba/help: new chapter on gba cart rom-chip 4bit io port (used in boktai)
  • gba/help: added backup eeprom chip names 9853 (mario), and 9854 (boktai)
  • nds/directboot: stores RomChipID in RAM (as by BIOS) (verified by newer games)
  • nds/bugfix: hwreset memclear includes nds7 I/O region (older version didn't)
  • gba/help: added note on ZERO-padded titles in cart-header (eg. in boktai)
  • gba/help: fixed joybus entrypoint in gba-cart-header summary (E0h instead E4h)
no$gba - nocash gameboy advance emulator

Last edited:

TheMax1087

nds/backup/help: added description of the new eeprom/flash/fram backup types
nds/backup: new: None, EEPROM 8K, EEPROM 64K, FLASH 256K, FLASH 512K, FRAM 32K

Words cant express my happiness for those two lines, especially the FLASH 512K, for phoenix wright

j3bus

jebus
There are graphic fixes man... Like in Super Mario 64 the screen its all rigth more up-down screen bug... it works... thaks man for the news this is a great update!!!!

:bouncy:

Kronox!

Pokemon ranger works great. Full speed... i've played like 40 mins now [second city xD. Not a single crash and i can save with the 512 flash support,minimal gfx issues... you can see your char but the sprite looks semi-transparent and i almost forget the screen is not upsidedown anymore
:)
i'll post screens later
Btw... i've got addicted to this game ajjaj, unique gameplay.

*Edit

Pokemon D/P Boots! now reaches the tittle screen [emu don't crash just keeps looping]

Last edited:

Nanis

Oh never mind,so I need to do weird things with the backup

And I can walk in the town in Ryuusi no Rockman,maybe it's fully playable,but I don't want to continue checking

NSMB doesn't work for me...you choose to play,see the level and...it freezes

Also,why doesn't the touch screen working? in some games like Phoenix Wright it doesn't work at all...

spotanjo3

Ryuusi no Rockman is not fully playable because in the 3-D world which you need to fight three metools but you are not able to see their sprites.

The touch screen working just fine for me.

you can see your char but the sprite looks semi-transparent and i almost forget the screen is not upsidedown anymore

Try to set 3D Rear Alpha up and see if transparent can be resolve.

Last edited:

Kronox!

nupe xD it can't be resolved that way rockmangames, But i was really shocked by how well the emulator performs on this game. I think it's fully playable. I've played for like 2 hours and the only issue i had happened when a pokemon used a mist attack xD and i was unable to see the lines that i was drawing, but aside from that i think it's fully emulated.

Arkanius

Oh never mind,so I need to do weird things with the backup

And I can walk in the town in Ryuusi no Rockman,maybe it's fully playable,but I don't want to continue checking

NSMB doesn't work for me...you choose to play,see the level and...it freezes

Also,why doesn't the touch screen working? in some games like Phoenix Wright it doesn't work at all...

EDIT:

Nevermind, by the way, is the Evidence screen unussually slow for everybody else, or its just me?

Last edited:

Kronox!

i think he was reffering to change the "nds save type" to 512 flash cart
and nope it's not illegal to ask options of the emulator i guess ^^

ag1

I was checking
0188_-_Ultimate_Spider-Man(U)
The emulator crashes both 2.3a, 2.3b in mid intro but in 2.3b the emulator stops lauching when I try to start it again. I think it might be the more serious error I have seen with this emulator. It has been very stable otherwise. Or I might just make some mistake.
The avatar game was crashing the emulator in 2.3a, but shows the whole intro with 2.3b. It stops running when going in game.

Speyeker

So, overall, which is a better emulator now? DeSmuME or No$GBA?

Also, if I may ask, how does Mega Man ZX work on the current version of No$GBA?

MonkeyforaHead

Stays crunchy in miak
Nevermind touchscreen problems, I'm having the same problem Nanis is in that I can't get the game to work at all anymore, with the "Failed to read data" message.

ag1

Try go to option to change the backup setting. There are several choices. It changes with each game. There are games that works in 2.3a but not in 2.3b with all the backup settings. The superman returns game is like that. hope this helps.

S

Sasuke3.0

why do I get the feeling they disabled the touchscreen in this version?
jeez, its like trying to play games on my old DS