What's new

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad Controller Setup Help

TheOneAndOnlyX

Configuring Controller Options
Hello, I have the Dual Action Logitech Gamepad and installed the correct cd correctly and plugged the controller in to my usb socket. For some reason though when I am setting the controls in the N-rage input plugin v2 it does not detect my controller when I press it. It didn't work before I installed the plugin too. Can someone help me get it so my computer can detect the controller and when I press the button on the gamepad it will assign it to it. It is really hard to explain all this but if you guys don't understand my problem just ask what you don't understand and I will try to rephrase it. Thanks a bunch and any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also the drivers are up to date. Also I went to my game controllers in my control panel and it said its status was ok and it could detect it.

Last edited:

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
do you have all the driver installed and does it show up in the game controllers menu and did you select it.

OP
T

TheOneAndOnlyX

Hello, I have the Dual Action Logitech Gamepad and installed the correct cd correctly and plugged the controller in to my usb socket. For some reason though when I am setting the controls in the N-rage input plugin v2 it does not detect my controller when I press it. It didn't work before I installed the plugin too. Can someone help me get it so my computer can detect the controller and when I press the button on the gamepad it will assign it to it. It is really hard to explain all this but if you guys don't understand my problem just ask what you don't understand and I will try to rephrase it. Thanks a bunch and any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also the drivers are up to date. Also I went to my game controllers in my control panel and it said its status was ok and it could detect it.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheOneAndOnlyX

Last edited:
OP
T

TheOneAndOnlyX

I already did but for some reason whenever it says press button (when I am trying to assign the controller the different keys...) it doesn't work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Truth to be told, I've heard people complaining about the Dual Action gamepad before, in many forums, and not just with Project64 and not just with emulators in general. I don't know if the gamepad just fails to utilize DirectInput properly or... I really can't say. The drivers are the same for all Logitech's PS2 style gamepads, right?

I use a Logitech Rumblepad 2 myself and I've never had any problems.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Agozer, a friend of mine couldn't get it to work recently either

it would show in Dxdiag and the game controller properties

but when he attempted calibration, none of the buttons or axis worked at all.

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
I had this exact same problem with a third party 360 controller. I upgraded to an official microsoft one and encountered no problems whatsoever.