What's new

Okay, so did I get this right?

Daande

...myeas.
Hello all you happy/unhappy Gamecube Emulation people... I'm a total n00b when it comes to these things, but I downloaded Dolphin (the latest version avaliable on their website) and now I was wondering - is it possible to play downloaded game files such as Twilight Princess on Dolphin, and if not, on any emulator? It may sound like a dumb question since an emulator is mainly for playing game files but I just had to ask. ><;

If yes, what performance is to be expected? If I can't get above 5 fps with a reasonably good PC, I might as well just screw this idea.

Last edited:

masterchiefoo7

then your going to have to screw the idea

1) emulators cant run gamecube games fast enough yet
2) these forums dont support piracy, and your admitting to it, so this is gonna get locked

edit: oh and dont play stupid. you edited your post to change from saying that you were downloading a zelda twilight princess torrent.

Last edited:
OP
D

Daande

...myeas.
I never said I had downloaded anything illegal. Also, can the emulator run a ripped Gamecube disc?

You say they can't run them fast enough "yet". Does that mean that they will be able to in the close future?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, you won't get full speed GameCube emulation in the near future. Corrent computers are far too slow, even with dual core support. The only way to run games on Dolphin is to use DVD images ripped from the original discs, since normal DVD-ROM drives can't read GameCube's Mini DVD discs.

OP
D

Daande

...myeas.
Okay, but even with such a DVD (ripped image) I still wouldn't get full speed on my PC, right?

BlueFalcon7

no, What Agozer was saying, was that no emulators are fast enough. In theory, its possible to emulate games at full speed. If all the correct optimizations were coded into an emulator, it could theoretically go full speed, but thats assuming that you had a top of the line intel processor, like a Core 2 Duo. Dolqube is attempting to write an emulator with all of those optimizations, but he has a Wilamette Pentium 4 (I think its a Wilamette core, its 1.5GHz) So he needs people with newer processors to test it on. Im not saying to get a C2D just to play GC games on your PC, get a real GC.

OP
D

Daande

...myeas.
Oh shoot. And I was getting all excited. :< Oh well, at least now things are a bit clearer! Thanks a lot for the feedback.