What's new

Infinite time in Zelda MM

Dumb

Is it possible to get infinite time in zelda2. I would need it in beavers race if it really is like a walktrough says that it must be swum in under 1:30 to get a heart piece. It seems impossible to go it under 1:50. Maybe i should try again after playing song of time. Tell me if you have got the piece how you did it.

Pixi

Although the walkthrough tells you to do it in under 1:30 mins it
isn't true just so long as you complete the race under the 1:50 mins time limit you will still get the heart container :)

also if you are wanting to use cheats you already have more then enough for both the E, U & J regions of the game ;)

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Actually, that probably wouldn't be hard to come up with. Its just a matter of finding the right hex location that controls the clock and setting its value to to a time other than 0. It would probably work on many things that have a time limit in the game. Same for Zelda OOT such as all the timed trading sequence items. If I had a PC I could test it on, I'd look into it and see if it would work, but I don't. If you ask nicely, you might be able to talk the Gentleman into finding the right hex keys for you.

OP
Dumb

Dumb

i get get time about 1:48 when i swim the shortest way without going through the rings but... the curves... some extra time... more than 2 secs... can this be something other than my swimming skills? ???

Maybe this is added in the next cheat file. I can wait and if it isn´t there, so what it isnt so important.

however, i have not forbidden anybody (Gentleman) to find the solution, though this harsh rply hardly inspires no-one to give it a try

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Erm..........
I really can not see the problem here.
1st this part of the game isnt realy that important enough to be worrying about.
if you only want to cheat light, use the Max Heart Containers &
Invincibility Cheats.
That way if your talents do not stretch to beating this race, no probs.
Sorry but it really is not that important, as this has been covered by the above Cheats.

Eagle said:
If I had a PC I could test it on, I'd look into it and see if it would work, but I don't. If you ask nicely, you might be able to talk the Gentleman into finding the right hex keys for you.

& Eagle once you are back up & running, Please be my Guest.
But i still do not see the point :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Dumb said:
i get get time about 1:48 when i swim the shortest way without going through the rings but... the curves... some extra time... more than 2 secs... can this be something other than my swimming skills? ???

trust me, its ur swimming skills. swim by holding the button and practice a few times. u will get the hang of it.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I know I've done it without cheating before. There really shouldn't be a problem beating it, its easier than the archery games.

6tree

Dumb said:

I had maybe the same problem. I couldn´t anyhow complete the race until I found a rather weird solution. After trying everything else I changed audio plugin from jabo 1.40 to zilmar´s plugin and also tried with no sound. With zilmar I noticed I could swim the race a bit farther than with jabo 1.40 and with no sound it was easy to go under 1:50 and get the piece of heart. After the problem was solved I did some measuring.

The swimming time was now 1:40. I measured how long 1:40 in the game would take in real time and got following results (only one measurement per plugin, so can be a few seconds wrong):

Jabo DirectSound 1.40 1:27
zilmar´s audio plugin 1:33
No Sound 1:40

FPS was the same limited 50 for all plugins. So the problem seems to be audio plugins messing with PJ64 timer.

OP
Dumb

Dumb

:D It works!:satisfied And was very easy without sounds. I wonder if that´s why the speech in Conker´s BFD seems to go faster than the text (balloons).