What's new

Downloading Project 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

l2yan111

Okay, I got it download but I dont understand how it works or how to use it.. Like do I have to download the games from a site?

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Here, and here.

Long story short, getting the roms (games) anywhere besides from your own cartridges is illegal.

OP
L

l2yan111

Wait so you have to use N64 cartridges (your own) to use this thing, and you cant (by meaning it isnt possible or there are no games) download them off the internet?

Toxic Hobo

You can download them off the internet but that is illegal and you will be banned if you ask for links and stuff here. So in otherwords use your own cartridges :p

Toasty

Sony battery
It is illegal to download/distribute copyrighted ROMs on the internet without the copyright holder's authorization. Illegal and impossible are two very different things. In any case, we don't promote copyright infringement here, so as to acquiring copyrighted ROMs, you're on your own.

OP
L

l2yan111

Well then I missunderstood.. I dont get how you would even get the game or w/e out of your cart. I honestly dont see how it is possible.. second this thing is basicly stupid then and the site really needs to become more simple based and should tell you that off the bat

Toxic Hobo

Well then I missunderstood.. I dont get how you would even get the game or w/e out of your cart. I honestly dont see how it is possible.. second this thing is basicly stupid then and the site really needs to become more simple based and should tell you that off the bat

Dumping ROMs

ROMs can be copied from the read-only memory chips found in cartridge-based games and many arcade machines using a dedicated device in a process known as dumping. For most common home video game systems, these devices are widely available. Dumping ROMs from arcade machines, which in fact are highly customized PCB's, often requires individual setups for each machine along with a large amount of expertise.

From Wikipedia :p. Anyways you should kind of assume that a site this large wouldn't support illegal activity

Status
Not open for further replies.