What's new

desmume 0.5.0 released!

spotanjo3

DeSmuME

Remember, do not complaint if the games are slower than the previous version or anything else. Please say thank you and you are doing a good job, ok ? ;)

Do not forgot to drop your nice messages over there to cheers them on. The next version will be better, hopefully. Now, enjoy this release! :D and make a screenshots if you want. HAVE FUN! GO!

artage

Great job with the sound. I'm sure most want to know about the big 3 on this version.

Castlevania: DoS and PoR
Intro and sound works fine but once you get in-game the bottom is black but you can see your health bar and hear the sound. The menu works great too.

Final Fantasy III
The intro looks and sounds real good but after selecting New Game I get a black screen.

Hope to do some more testing. :santa:

diablow

Sound emulation is perfect, but gfx and speed are still lacking. Good luck to developers to catch up on no$gba - free debugging tools are a big plus for romhackers and translators :)

Nanis

Im not a pro in checking games,so I guess you should check them as well

Super Princess Peach (E) - Seems to be fully playable...again
Bomberman(E) - For strange reason,the upper screen is black,and you can see only Bomberman and his enemies
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (E) - Input data on the touch screen? no idea...
Kirby - Canvas Curse (E)- Works,but you can't see the rainbow you are painting..again
Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time (E) - You can't see the caslte in the beginning (unlike in 0.4.0,when you could) and you can't continue with the fight with Bowser...again
New Super Mario Bros. (U) - I can see the "Nintendo",but then the emulator crashes
Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney (U) - Fully playable? and with save stats,I can finally beat it :) Edit- I was happy too soon...this game has a problem now that you can't see the options given in the lower screen..arg
Rockman ZX (Japan) - You can hear the voice,but black screen @_@
Ryuusei no RockMan - Dragon (Japan) - Black Screen
Pokemon Pearl (J) - White Screen
Mega Man ZX - Like in the J version,but you can't hear voices (they took it out I believe)

Last edited:

WhiteX

There is already a thread for Desmume game testing, remember to post the game name, the results and the emulator version.

On a side note, good job, ppl, keep em coming!:D

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Good job, Nanis but understand this that this desmume doesn't emulate 3-D games so that's wh you are seeing something wrong with it. the 2-D runs better on this emulator. It wont hurt to test 3-D games also..maybe just menu or before ingame. :D

Keep them coming!

Flash

Technomage
Guilty Gear DS works. Slow, gfx in upper screen (in battle) are pretty messed up but it's playable. The game sucks btw, it's better be named Guilty Gear Dog Shit, not Dust Strikers as it's the worst game in series.

Speyeker

Ah, what a great Christmas present. At this rate maybe full-blown DS emulation (i.e. somewhat to the extent that Gameboy Advance emulation is at now) will be up by the summer!

On a related matter, what are the system requirements for this version?

Low Lines

Hmm following off of what Rockmangames previously said, about the 3D emulation. Doesn't look like any of Shash's (or whatever his name is on Emutalk) work has been added to the project yet.

Compatibility wise (depending on how you look at it), this version isn't significantly different I think, as the same games still seem to hang when you boot them up, but the sound is great....and I suppose the save emulation will satisfy most of the requests I think there have been :p

Anyways I shall crawl back into my hole now and stare at Wii pictures a little more....*drools*

synch

Hmm following off of what Rockmangames previously said, about the 3D emulation. Doesn't look like any of Shash's (or whatever his name is on Emutalk) work has been added to the project yet.

Noone of my 3D code has been added, 100% true :p

Cyberman

Compatibility wise (depending on how you look at it), this version isn't significantly different I think, as the same games still seem to hang when you boot them up, but the sound is great....and I suppose the save emulation will satisfy most of the requests I think there have been :p

Anyways I shall crawl back into my hole now and stare at Wii pictures a little more....*drools*
Actually I think this version is significantly different. You just can't see it. You hear it. Keep in mind at one time PSEmupro circa 1998. The sound was non existant, the graphics were, rough hewn at best. However that changed quickly. What's my point? The sound is very difficult on some of these systems. In fact the sound is often more difficult to get right than the video. So please think about 'big differences' if you can hear something at all when you couldn't before, I would say that is significant.

Nope I'm not stomping on Low Lines (I could but it wouldn't do any good he's playing Twilight Princess ;) ). I'm pointing out a common mistake people make. For the sound to work at all might have been more work than getting the 3d to work. If they put the revision info up I probably tell you how much work they had to do. I've tried sound emulation before, the GPU on the Playstation was easier work than the SPU. Now speaking of the N64 .. that was a LOT more work.

So in any case it's good to here Desmume is progressing at all :D

Cyb

G-Kom

Well, considering I have done some testing with this emulator, i'll share what i've learned.
There are many games that now work because saving works now, like Yoshi's Island DS. However, many games that did work now do not or not as well, like Rockman ZX. M&L PiT works worse, too.
The games that work seem to work quite well, Yoshi's Island DS is 100% perfect almost. It slows down sometimes, but is still great. Sound is great too.
Let's hope in the next update, the problems that arose will be fixed.
Besides the problems, it is a great emulator. :bouncy:

Low Lines

Actually I think this version is significantly different. You just can't see it. You hear it. Keep in mind at one time PSEmupro circa 1998. The sound was non existant, the graphics were, rough hewn at best. However that changed quickly. What's my point? The sound is very difficult on some of these systems. In fact the sound is often more difficult to get right than the video. So please think about 'big differences' if you can hear something at all when you couldn't before, I would say that is significant.

Nope I'm not stomping on Low Lines (I could but it wouldn't do any good he's playing Twilight Princess ;) ). I'm pointing out a common mistake people make. For the sound to work at all might have been more work than getting the 3d to work. If they put the revision info up I probably tell you how much work they had to do. I've tried sound emulation before, the GPU on the Playstation was easier work than the SPU. Now speaking of the N64 .. that was a LOT more work.

So in any case it's good to here Desmume is progressing at all :D

Cyb

Aww I got stomped on :cry: I finally beat Twilight Princess (err actually about a week ago) took about 50hours and by then all I had was about 5 heart pieces and about 20 poes to collect :p Did you know apparently if you use a fishing rod on Ganondorf when you fight him sword against sword....he just stares at it XD haven't tried it....:ermm:

But I've err....had something on my mind lately......(drifts off happily).....ahem!! Anyways no I haven't been sitting on my arse :p My Wii list is prepared and I've just spent the last few days updating and colleting rom info on NDS games.....am FINALLY 2 months ahead again (yay)....at least for Japanese and US games......am just getting a few.....erm....files.....so I can gather the internal info and then I'll start making up the site which will have NDS and Wii stuff when I redo it PROPERLY.....and then I'll start on those Gamecube thingos I said I'll do......:sleeping:

Also towards the compatibility testing side, I made up this handy xml editor for updating my database files.....it cut the amount of time it took to write up all my release info in half.....might put it up on my site too so someone else can do the compat lists once I start school again ;)

And I do take back my comment before, the sound is great ^_^ but I find like in Kirby: Squeak Squad, the graphics break the longer you play....And with Yoshi's Island DS......the top screen is sometimes.....blank :blink:

A small fix I'd add would have the save games stored in a folder within the Emulator folder....cos games work fine off of Dvds just....the saves don't have anywhere to save to :cry:

Now who's gonna get a stomping :saint:??