What's new

Any Audio Progress Updates

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Okay. I will talk now.

I am currently working on fixing up some HLE bugs in my audio. I am then going to work on fixing up the MP3 HLE (Conker/PD). Then lastly, I will rework the audio code to see if I can make it go 60 FPS when it SHOULD go 60 FPS. This will prolly require disassembling some code since I can't really test my theories on real HW :(

Dark Anomaly

Speakin gof Audio updates , is there any way Duke Nukem 64 can have music playing ? Sound woprks fine but in all emulators the music is not there. Is this a bug , wrong plugins or something ?? Just curious since i finished playing Duke - Zero Hour and now went to start playing old DN64 and have no music. grrrrrr Anyway thought I'd ask as I'm curious as it had some nice music :)
:alien:

Dark Anomaly

I wonder if the game is emulated properly or any of the sound plugins ATM don't support whatever music it plays. Probably not emulated properly as there is music in the title screen in ALL emulators , but once the game starts , only sound effects can be heard . No music at all :( So I guess the sound plugins aren't at fault otherwise no title screen music right? So any idea why ingame the music isn't there? In some games music isnt important , but this game needs music , cos it sucks without any uptempo tunes to keep you on your toes til you frag another Octobrain :sly:

Guess I have my adorable Doom to play with til Duke Kicks A$$ and chews Bubble gum with music playing then :alien:

Allnatural

Duke Nukem 64 doesn't have in-game music. I mean on a real N64, the game never had in-game music, only the title screen. That being the case, the emulators are working just fine.:)

Dark Anomaly

I know the Spider Mastermind is from Doom.. My all time fav. game and it rocks on N64 :D

About Duke Nukem 64,

Just I think it would be totally stupid to have no music in Duke on n64 so thought it had some just like the playstation version did i had which rocked. Tried every emu and only title music, no ingame music. If the ingame has no music then its a bad thing cos we need tunes while kickin @ss and chewin bubble gum.geez
I would think it should have music , but if not Ill just play Zer0 H0ur only then. They are same size i think and Zero Hour has music which isnt bad at all :cool:

gokuss4

Meh...
Dark Anomaly said:
I wonder if the game is emulated properly or any of the sound plugins ATM don't support whatever music it plays. Probably not emulated properly as there is music in the title screen in ALL emulators , but once the game starts , only sound effects can be heard . No music at all :( So I guess the sound plugins aren't at fault otherwise no title screen music right? So any idea why ingame the music isn't there? In some games music isnt important , but this game needs music , cos it sucks without any uptempo tunes to keep you on your toes til you frag another Octobrain :sly:

Guess I have my adorable Doom to play with til Duke Kicks A$$ and chews Bubble gum with music playing then :alien:

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and i'm all out of gum"

lol :D i love it when you go int othe raw meat level and he says that lol.

Dark Anomaly

zero hour owns DN64 anyway but thought id try out the classic DN64. Can imagine ppls faces playin the n64 version and finidng no game music. LOL

Teamz:- As mentioned above its the Spider Mastermind from the doom series. This guys has good doom Duke total meltdown (PSX) music and more for anyone interested :D

http://depot.wrong.button.com/

if onl;y n64 had even half the decent sound track the psx version had "sigh" ??? ??? ???