What's new

Initializing plugins?

tumbletim

I can't figure this out, I got the project 64 thing all fine, but when i try to open it, it says that my default plugin is either missing or .......... anyway, I've read ALL the troubleshooting pages, and none of them helped. I would REALLY like to get playin as soon as possible.......thnx:bouncy:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Computer specs please.

Make sure that you have at least DirectX8 installed on your system.

Also, run dxdiag (Start --> Run, type dxdiag, Enter) and run the DirectX tests found in the program that launches. If any of the tests fail (especially Direct3D tests), you have a problem. Make sure that your video card drivers are properly installed.

Last edited:

Agozer

Processor, RAM, video card (this especially, since certain old video card just are more prone to DirectX failures than others), etc.

The error you get is because for some reason, when the plugins try to access DirectX for various things, whether that be display modes, sound or whatever, they can't do it and fail to load. Hence the plugins are not initializing at all.

Last edited:
OP
T

tumbletim

Okay, my processor is intel inside "celeron" I think, that's what the sticker says anyway,
Where can i find the RAM and video card?

Agozer

The "dixdiag" program will tell you all you need to know about your system, it's not just for running DirectX-related tests.

Check the System tab for basic information about your system and the Display tab for info pertaining your video card/chip.

OP
T

tumbletim

processor is Intel Celeron
Ram: 126mb
Uh....chip type is 82810
I think this is what u needed...."plz work" lol

OP
T

tumbletim

okay, thanks.
So then, will this get the pc to initialize the plugin?
Srry for all the Q's, I've never worked with this area in my computer experience

OP
T

tumbletim

Umm.......
So which one should I download as an update?
I can't figure out what each one means exactly, so.......ya....

Agozer

Whatever is the latest driver by looking at the dates.

And no, I'm not sure if updating the graphics controller driver will fix things. It should, but there's always a chance that it doesn't.

Last edited:
OP
T

tumbletim

SUCCESS! It opened up without problem, but the ROM I tried to use wasn't a PJ64 capable or somethin like that. It was a .eep file, so that must be the problem right?

Agozer

.EEP and EEPROM (native save) files, not the game itself. If Project64 doesn't recognize zipped roms, either the archive in question is corrupt or there is no ROM file in the archive.