What's new

Error in StarFox 64... Help.

WhiteTigerX7

The rest of the game is fine except for one stage Bolse "The Defense Satellite Station". The problem is as follows:

Defense Towers are not displayed and the Satellite Core is not displayed making getting past this stage of the game impossible.

Is there a patch or certain setting to make the game playable? I'm kinda stuck because I can't get the last Medal here to open the Expert Mode.

OP
W

WhiteTigerX7

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Pentium M 730 1.73GHz
GeForce Go 6600 PCIe
Realtek HD 880(D) Audio

Project64 1.6
Jabo's DirectX 8 GFX
Jabo's DirectSound
Adaptoid Plugin

Just a question but could it also be due to a Bad ROM as well?

Edit:

I tried using Direct64, Rice, and other plugins for the video but the same results. The energy towers on Bolse are not there.

I'm thinking the problem may be one of these three issues.

1. Star Fox 64 may have some sort of copy protection that prevents Bolse from being rendered correctly on emulated platforms.

2. The Game may have a Bad Dump (This is the f1 copy of 1.0 so it may have a bug).

3. Maybe like other consoles have used in the past like the SNES and it's MANY chipsets, maybe the Star Fox 64 cartridge has a chip that has some sort of graphics decompression or copy protection unit in it that isn't emulated by Project64.

Last edited:
OP
W

WhiteTigerX7

Sorry to reply to myself but I got a good checksum copy of StarFox64 version 1.1 and still I get the error as 1.0 did even with a GoodChecksum.