What's new

No$Gba + Phoenix Wright: AA

joaocolhao

Well, the game works perfectly on the DS No$Gba emulator, but I can't seem able to save the game or even save the state. Am I doing something wrong or is it a function not yet enabled on the emulator?

spotanjo3

try desmume but the save state is not perfectly yet. It can work and it can not work properly. Either way, try it for yourself. :)

Cyberman

This I believe is somewhere in the FAQ for no$GBA. It would be good if people read those things :D

Cyb

OP
J

joaocolhao

This I believe is somewhere in the FAQ for no$GBA. It would be good if people read those things :D

Cyb

That might be true but the thing is I didn't even know if the version I downloaded of no$GBA was 2a, since the official site makes it seem like we have to pay if we want the newest versions. Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying but I think the Phoenix Wright series is fantastic.
I have tried the Desmume emulator before, and will gladly use it again if the save function works, but the thing is I remember it not having any sound when I tried to play PW. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

spotanjo3

No, it is a freeware emulator. You pay this emulator for debugger to development your emulator. Do not confused about that. :)

Ruri

Navigator
That might be true but the thing is I didn't even know if the version I downloaded of no$GBA was 2a, since the official site makes it seem like we have to pay if we want the newest versions. Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying but I think the Phoenix Wright series is fantastic.
I have tried the Desmume emulator before, and will gladly use it again if the save function works, but the thing is I remember it not having any sound when I tried to play PW. Maybe I was doing something wrong?
You were using version 4.0.0. The latest version of Desmume, 5.0.0, has sound and saves... but, sadly, it lacks 3D support again (as I understand, 4.0.0, which added 3D, was made by a seperate person and his additions haven't been worked into the main project yet.) Phoenix Wright might not look like it needs 3D, but it uses it for almost all the buttons, so it isn't really playable without it.

So, in other words, all the various pieces needed to run this game (with save) are emulated, but they're emulated in different places, and no one DS emulator handles them all. Be patient, though... with so many working things floating around, it can't be too long until one emulator handles them all.

Hmm. Is there a way to load a DS game in no$gba as if it were inserted in the GBA port of the DS? Because the Japanese versions of PW actually have the complete English versions inside them as an option, and, when placed in the GBA port, automatically unlocks every case. That would be a decent substitute for saves if there's a way to make it work in the existing version of no$gba, anyway.

OP
J

joaocolhao

Hmm. Is there a way to load a DS game in no$gba as if it were inserted in the GBA port of the DS? Because the Japanese versions of PW actually have the complete English versions inside them as an option, and, when placed in the GBA port, automatically unlocks every case. That would be a decent substitute for saves if there's a way to make it work in the existing version of no$gba, anyway.

That would be fantastic. Anyone know if this is possible?