What's new

Extracting models

Mithos Kionisu

Hey, I want to extract some models from Starfox Adventures, but seeing as the game is not compatible with Dolphin I can't use the DXReaper to get them. I looked through the ISO and found these files:
MODELIND.bin
MODELS.bin
MODELS.tab

I'm pretty sure that's where the models are stored, I just don't know how to get the models into a format readable by 3DS Max, can anyone help me?

Sercio

What are the size of this files?

edit:
Forget the idea! Its almost impossible. Starfox adventures is made by RARE and those guys are kick ass in modeling end compiling! Almost everything what they made is unremadeble! I loosed with conker live and reloaded for the xbox! There was some weird files! The best what you can do is try to rip Fox in Super smash brothers melee!

Last edited:
OP
M

Mithos Kionisu

I'd rather get the models from the original game then from super smash, but I'm guessing I can't get my hands on a version of Dolphin that has the dirty hack thing enabled so I don;t really have much of a choice :rolleyes:

BazzatManBowlin

Bowling Dynamo
Have you tried using Game Extractor?

While it can't read TABs, it supports the BIN format (of certain games, though). It could work with Starfox Adventures. By extracting those BINs, you might get some familiar formats, or at least something that might spark the interest of the reverse-engineers around here.

NicoCube

I have the same problem with extracting models using Dolphin in Adventures and I have seen the bin/tab files using GC-tool and I can't extract them. In my case, I want to extract Krystal, not from Assault.

Lunaboy

I don't have a Starfox image, but when I take a look at the filenames, it seems there are multiple models stored in one file. It looks like "Models.bin" contains the data of all the model-files (like the MS-DOS command "Copy -b Model1.mdl + Model2.mdl + Model3.mdl Models.bin"). In this case "Models.tab" contains the file-names, the file-sizes and the file-start-offsets within the BIN-file. You can think of a floppy-image with the FAT stored in a seperate file.

Because most of the the Gamecube-models have very complex filestructures I don't think you can convert them to a readable format. I don't know any model-converter for Starfox. Special model-features (such as indirect-texturing and pre-stored skinning-matrices) are not supported by the common modelformats.

The best you can do is to wait until an emulator supports the game and use DXReaper (DirectX) or GLIntercept with the OGLE plugin (OpenGL) to save the complete scene to a common format.

Sercio

starfox is made by rare and rare made games with advanched technologies :p no im just kidding but i think it would be hard to get those models :(