What's new

Uh... 1.7 attempt to comment on a locked topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i have said before, pj64 is a great program, i do understand that you guys who made the emulater do not have to continue improving the emulater and your time and effort is enjoyed by me and many others.

I did try to donate but was unable, thats not my point here.

I really want to start playing and testing the new version of pj64 but i do feel while you are recieving donations you are in no hurry to release the finished and free product when you can just wait and get more money for as long as it takes.

I do not mean to disrespect anyone and i am greatful you decided to continue to improve the emulater.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
So let me get this straight, you're greatful progress is being made but think that their only doing it to get money - WRONG. They've been doing it for free from the start and they will release 1.7 just like they did with the previous versions. Need I remind you and everyone else that the time difference between 1.5 and 1.6 was around three years. If they take three years to make this version it would be no different than without donations. There is no way you can rush quality so it'll be done when its done or would you rather Zilmar just released an unstable pile of crap?

Unlike in the Wizard of Oz you don't clap your feet together and it magically happens these things take time to do, you're not going to get the beta by acting testy because you are unable to donate. You donate once and you get the privledge of using a peridodically updated beta and you also get a say in what gets done next. If they give the beta away without donation to one person they have to give it to EVERYONE so it would defeat the purpose.

They could've just had a donation thing open and gave nothing in return because they don't have to. They've went above and beyond the call of a freeware developer and gave us something of real quality and spent countless hours of their free time to produce so think before you talk next time. They deserve donations, whether we get to use beta's in return or not.

The 1.7 thread isn't locked, either so I dunno where you got that Idea.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There was a 1.7 thread that WAS locked. Anyway, as stated, they're simply keeping unfished versions for themselves, like they've always done and a little donating gives you the privelege of accessing that beta and the beta community. It's a donating to show that you appreciate the authors' effort, nothing more!

Clements

Any more threads started on this topic will be considered spam and we'll have to start issuing reprimands. Threads are locked for good reasons, do not create additional threads on identical topics. This topic has been done to death and all arguments put forward have already been fully rebutted months ago.

I'm not going to repeat what I said in the other thread but ScottJC said what I would have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.