What's new

Proud to announce the launch of the new ChankastEx Website

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Why did I have to be AWAY from home when seeing this? Damn, 3 days till I can test this new version... Except for Ikaruga, are there any changes in other games, or will they play as they did? I mean, is this version an Ikaruga exclusive fix? By the way, SoA stands for Skies Of Arcadia? Please tell me it does... Netplay? I'm no guru in programming, but if the emulator itself is not capable of being stable enough for single player to be not-frustrating, how do you expect multi-layer to work?

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
Except for Ikaruga, are there any changes in other games, or will they play as they did? I mean, is this version an Ikaruga exclusive fix?
Yes and no, Ikaruga is the only game fixed in this release but it also includes the new turbo, slowmo and hardware pause features.

By the way, SoA stands for Skies Of Arcadia? Please tell me it does...
Yup zenith has already fixed the drifting character bug and is now looking at some of
other bugs. Its not included in the current 1.4 release but will be in the 1.5 release

Netplay? I'm no guru in programming, but if the emulator itself is not capable of being stable enough for single player to be not-frustrating, how do you expect multi-layer to work?

hehe, true Sync a real pig. Currently it works fine on games like bust a move where non-'time critical' responces are required by the slave machine but games like Soul calibur are a no-no for now... :( But we're working on it so.....

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
its nice to see this thing get hacked i wonder if the devs give you the source code for chanka that would be great
still i wished to get sonic 2 working good with my nvidia card:unsure:

squeakypants

YES!

Thank you very much sirs!

3 things Chankast needs besides compatibility:
-Netplay (already working on it I see...hot shit...)
-better controller config
-save states

Thanks so much! Looking forward to the next release, but for now I'm gonna play some Ikaruga :)

EDIT: after playing Ikaruga, it's only a fix for the 2nd level. Great thanks, but just letting people know to turn it off after the 2nd level since it screws up some of the rendering (in lvl 3 you can't see the pipes)

Last edited:

S1d3.W1nD3r

YES!

Thank you very much sirs!

3 things Chankast needs besides compatibility:
-Netplay (already working on it I see...hot shit...)
-better controller config
-save states

Thanks so much! Looking forward to the next release, but for now I'm gonna play some Ikaruga :)

EDIT: after playing Ikaruga, it's only a fix for the 2nd level. Great thanks, but just letting people know to turn it off after the 2nd level since it screws up some of the rendering (in lvl 3 you can't see the pipes)

Yeah, you have to turn it off after level 2. I haven't fully tried chankex because of lack of time, but for what i have seen it is better than the original chankast 0.25a.
Just a sugestion to trickstar and zenith, have you already considered working with the original coder of chankast? Did he gave you permission to improve is emulator? Are these just fixes without messing with the emulators original code?
Because with your spirit of trying to improve chankast working with the original coder or the official code would give you far more better results, won't you think?

Just pure curiosity, keep up the good work guys. We chankast fans really apreciate it. ^^

squeakypants

It's all hacked, as they don't have the source code (and their site says they've tried to contact the Chankast devs, but as we all know, they're dead).

However, if they can do the things I wrote above, it will definitely be great competition with nullDC

Last edited:

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
I seem to get 10 more fps in Powerstone on this hack, but my laptop has an issue where whenever I go full-screen in chankast the sound glitches up and gets poppy. So far I've been able to "fix" it by pressing alt+enter BEFORE the emulation starts, and the mouse becomes invisable so I have to hit run without seeing the cursor. It sucks, but it was a fix. But now, they changed it so you press escape to enter full screen and it doesn't work anymore. Please, is there ANY way to fix this bizarre issue? Thanks. This IS awsome! I just wish that I didn't have to play it in a window...

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
I seem to get 10 more fps in Powerstone on this hack, but my laptop has an issue where whenever I go full-screen in chankast the sound glitches up and gets poppy.

Hotkey to start emulation, useful? The very last thing we wanna do is break a known workaround for an existing game. The idea is to expand on the workaround to make it 'just part of the program' rather than a series of cryptic key press'. Thats how the soul calibur fix works...sortof.

I seem to get 10 more fps in Powerstone on this hack
Woo! FPS extra!
Nah!,Its not our intention to decieve people so

No,thats not down to us! It would be easy at this point to claim that was down this hack or that hack but the truth is if it runs faster, thats great, but its prolly not because of us and more a co-insidense of a system change at your end.

We make no claims about speed. The only optimisation on speed has come from us reducing the impact of our patches not actually speeding up chanks ability to emulate a dreamcast....if you get what i mean.....

The emulation engine remains as fast/slow as it ever was....

Last edited:

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Well, no other games are faster so far, but for some reason, honestly. Powerstone IS for me. I've tested it a hundred times. Thanks for the reply, btw, but what hotkey are you talking about?

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
Cool i wonder what are the orignal devs doing these however it might be good to contact elsemi , he is still online these days and can get the source codes as well:cat:

tommek2k

WOW!
Keep up the good work! It's great to see some progress in the DC Emulation scene!

Do you have some more plans for upcoming releases?
Would it be possible to add for example shader support to let the games look smoother/better? Or improvements in compatiblity?

Whatever, it's a great first release! :D

alucard19

I gave up hope on the chankast, but now finally i see some people helping the chankast advance. I thank you and your team for doing this.

Here's hoping one day i can play chankast online.:bouncy: