What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Texture Ripper

Garcian_Smith

Hey, I'm new, and I was wondering how to rip textures so I can make my own texture pack.

I was interested in giving Goldeneye 007 a go, so I need to know:

- How to rip textures
- The best programs to use

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, worked it out.

I have .bmp and .png - which do I use? Or is it both?

Last edited:

Janet Merai

TLOZ: Unicorns Lair Artist
You can easily rip textures by getting Project 64 or any other emulator which supports "Rice's" new plugin.

Just use the video plugin, start the game and rip the textures on where you are :p

To rip the textures, you need to go into the "Video settings" and go to the texture tan and check the dump textures thing :)

Cyberman

What he said.
Start the 'dump' textures as soons as the program starts in PJ64 by pressing F2 (pause) then setting that check box in the Graphics Controler configuration. Press F2 again and it will begin checking all textures cheerfully then you can proceed to play the game.

There are a few problems with the method of dumping used. It generates a LOT of files. Between 5 and 8 thousand. The files are a bit confusingly organized (shrug).

Last but not least, is specifically getting said files to load up as hi rez textures after you've edited them.

I don't seem to have it working right yet for myself yet but heh I've never been in a big hurry it would seem.

Cyb