What's new

None of my roms work...

_oMeGa_

Everytime I try to play any given game, it says exactly this:

"Attempt to open zip file failed
missing or corrupt file - check path and file.

You may need to restart the application."

Thats with zip files, with just regular z64 files, it says:

"Attempt to open file failed"

They all used to worked perfectly, help.
BTW, yes, I am new. Hi.

Iconoclast

Is this when you try to open the ROM via the File/Open command in Project64 or the built-in ROM browser for the emulator?

Allnatural

I've suffered a corrupted rom on a few occasions. Something in PJ64 (or my system) goes awry when opening a file, and the rom is lost. I hope you kept a backup.

Smokin101

Smokin101
If your pc is corrupting your roms, it might be a good idea to save all your roms to a cd, or dvd. They hold dozens of games, and you can load them off the disk just like a normal game.

Iconoclast

This is all new to me...I never knew about the possibility of Project64 having corrupted your ROM file.

This user says ALL of his ROM files are corrupt, so do you think it's possible Project64 can sometimes corrupt all of your ROM files? If not, then I think this user is using the ROM browser to open his ROMs, and he recently moved his ROMs folder to another directory. He would then need to refresh his browser.

There's also the possbility that this guy's not really having this problem and he's trying to test us and our patience, if you know what I mean, but no sign of that yet.

I've seen that happen before. An user says Super Mario 64 won't work on Project64, says he has brand new Alienware, a bunch of stuff that's probably all lies....

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
...your way to cynical.

if you want something to complain about, complain about the nazi's that run guru3d.. *cough* no offence to germans here btw.

anyway.

Flash

Technomage
The only way to get all ROMs corrupted is to overclock system bus to non-standard value (for example 377MHz) on motherboard with syncronous clock (PCI clock will go higher than 33MHz and not only ROMS but all filesystems on all
hard drives will be FUBAR)

Just restart PJ64 and everything will be fine, it it's not, well it's weendowz, time to reinstall.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Files do not become corrupted by a faulty Windows installation, unless they are system files. And telling someone to reinstall isn't really helpful at all. There are a numerous of things that can have caused it.
Hard drive fail, other applications, etc, etc...
And for that matter, did they work before?

Doomulation

I doubt that. How, exactly, could that be?
The pagefile stores contents of memory and not files. While it is true that memory mapped files may end up in the page file, it doesn't corrupt any files on the hard disk.

Iconoclast

Doomulation: The user has already specified that the ROMs used to work.
They all used to worked perfectly, help.
OK, so, aside from this user trying to test us, what are all of the different possible causes of the problem? Doomulation pointed a few. Are there others?

Doomulation

Most "corrupted" files means there usually is a problem on the disk(s). Run chkdsk or scandisk or some other error checking utility and see if there are any problems. If the files remain corrupted, then I suggest re-aquiring them and see if it helps.