What's new

ROMS .7z and .torrent

Shugo

How do i work these?!??! I tried zipping them and then opening them but it didn't work!!!!! These are the only good roms i can get my hands on and they don't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:ranting:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Agozer, we don't instruct people on how to use bit torrent files, its as bad as telling them where to get roms.

7zip on the other hand, we can tell them how to use.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Fair enough. I'll edit my post. I didn't check if the BT article explains how to use BitTorrent though.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
no probs mate.

Bit torrent means they haven't got it yet.. meaning we can get in trouble for telling them how to.

if they already have it in 7zip format,.. then we aren' liable for them already having the file, technically we could be just telling them how to use a 7zip file. :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Telling someone how to use bittorent or torrent files in general could be allowed, since file sharing in p2p is not illegal, and it is not our problem what content they are downloading. Plus they might as well benefit from knowing this later. I have once or twice shared something through bit torrent that was a new creation of something. That's also something to keep in mind.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Telling someone how to use bittorent or torrent files in general could be allowed, since file sharing in p2p is not illegal, and it is not our problem what content they are downloading.
This was the purpose of my first post after all.