What's new

Zelda menu glitch Can't play game at all

johnmiller

Hey, I recently started playing zelda OOT with sixtyforce. It is not registered. Whenever I start a rom, it shows the N64 logo then sword and shield of zelda. Instead of waiting for me to press a button the next menu shows up. It acts as if i am holding down the A button. It shoots through the menus all the way to the character name select part. There are letters flashing and the game locks up there, still flashing but not allowing me to do anything else. I haven't been able to enjoy the greatest game ever with sixtyforce yet!

please help

lolgo13

Zelda Fanatic
I tried sixtyforce on mac with OoT before I went to Mupen64,it worked fine must be something on your machine. Try mupen its free and it saves without paying.

OP
J

johnmiller

Well I have a brand new intel imac. Maybe its a problem with the new universal version. All I did was download sixtyforce. I didn't download any plug ins, I'm just using the ones that came with it. None of you have heard of this problem before? I have what I'm pretty sure every version of the zelda roms. Does it need to be 1.0 1.1 or 2.0 or something? I can play Mario just fine and Rush 2 and mario kart and other games. Another question, it says that the unregistered version disables saving. Does this mean you can't use the freeze frame feature or that it somehow disables the saving features in the games? Is there anyway besides freeze frames to save a game?

When you say set the emulator up right, do you mean the graphic preferences and system preferences?

Last edited: