What's new

N64 Controller

ecarlson05

I know this is my first post, so please don't jump all over me if I make some mistakes on the forum, and thanks ahead of time for the great emulator.
My question is this, while I love playing N64 games on my comp, I wish I could find a site that had a good controller or hook up to use the N64 controller with. Does anyone know a site that may have this? The main issue I have with emulating is from the aiming with Link's bow for instance. Thanks ahead of time.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
As individual gamepads go, anything modeled after the PS2 DualShock controller with rumble and good analog sticks. Logitech Rumblepad 2, for example. Basically a contoller with good analog sticks, a d-pad, force feedback, and enough buttons (2 shoulder buttons and a fair number of face buttons).

Of course, if you really want an authentic experience (or at least relatively close to one) get an N64 pad and an Adaptoid. The problem is that Adaptoids are under a rcok and hard to find at reasonale prices (or so I've heard).

D.Farougia

I think that Logitech Rumblepad 1 is better than Logitech Rumblepad 2 to play with a 64 emu, due to the number of Face/right buttons...

Rumblepad 2 = 4 Face/right buttons
Rumblepad 1 = 6 Face/right buttons

I think it's really important for the gameplay

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
i use a tiger gc to pc connector and use my gamecue controller to play. It has all the button +2 (x, y). That works pretty well. Only problem is that the C-buttons are kinda crappy...

MikalCarbine257

I'm also using an Xbox controller (type s and a custom one)

One problem with it though, in games like Goldeneye and any FPS for that matter, the sensitivity is wayy to high, is there any way to adjust this? It's near impossible to aim somewhat straight

Spikehead777

I use a Saitek P2500 Rumble Force. It has POV (d-pad for technophobics), 2 Joysticks with press-buttons (like the PS2), 6 fire buttons arranged like the N64, and 2 shoulder buttons, making 10 possible buttons, and a shifted mode with 20 possible functions. I know of software joystick-to-keyboard/mouse/other joystick convertors, but this one has it's own utility to map keys to buttons using drivers, (which may or may not make it faster). It's really easier on me to map special functions like controller pak swapping to keys and such.